I feel like I'm breaking down .. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel like I'm breaking down .. I feel like I'm breaking down ..

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:06 AM
I feel like I'm breaking down ..

And have No control over how I feel. My surgery is 2 wks away.I know it's normal to have anxiety.I have posted before about my chest pains & heart popping before ,just last week.Now I can't breathe,chest pains are worst than ever.Can't sleep or eat...and the past couple of days any little thing makes me cry.Now I'm sick again fighting a cold.I've been sick all winter.I just called my doctor & he will be calling me back.Last week he said if my symptoms didn't subside he would give me Paxal.Any one else ever take this drug? I have always been a very strong person.I have had 2 very complicated pregnancys...almost lost my life with both of them.I have had 4 other laps before in the past as well...NEVER have I ever felt what I'm feeling now. I was scheduled last month for my hyst. but 4 days before my surgery I found out my OB can not do surgeries any more so I'm having a new Ob & hospital. I have tried everything I know to calm my nerves, with no relief. Please tell me I'm not the only one thats losing my mind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:11 AM
Keep Breathing

Hang in there Joanne. I hope the doc calls you soon.
I had some chest pains which were probably due to anxiety. Both mine and I had my mom in the hospital at the same time I was waiting for my surgery. Geez.
Let us know what the doc says and what he wants to give you.
In the meantime:

Shelley
Unread 04-02-2002, 11:26 AM
Hugs!

Hi, JoAnne! s to you from me, too! It's hard enough to go through with a hyst when you know and trust your dr, and know the hospital. But to have to switch to a new dr and new hospital so soon before your surgery is awful! If you really do not feel comfortable with this situation, is there any way you could postpone it and find a dr that you feel very comfortable with? If there isn't a diagnosis that requires prompt surgery, perhaps you should start the process over again with another dr. It would be worth it for your peace of mind and to feel prepared for this major event. Best wishes to you, dear.
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:38 AM
I know how you feel.

Joanne, I know exactly how you feel. I was going through the same thing. When I first found out I was going to have a TAH/BSO, I completely freaked out. I lost my appetite and when I did eat, it would come right back up. I wasn't sleeping and would cry in a heart beat. I tried talking to my in laws and my mother and sisters about this, and my husband, but no one could get me to calm down. Both my sisters have had TAH/BSO and told me there wasn't anything to worry about. I was at the point I was making myself sick. I went to see my Doctor and they put me on Zanax. <spelling> It's for anxiety attacks but it is also a seditive. I've been taking it for almost a month now, and it really works. I'm sleeping a lot better and my appetite is slowly coming back. I was originally scheduled for surgery 3/21, then it was moved to 3/19. But at the last minute they had to reschedule. We are hoping it will be April 16 but won't find out for sure until the 9th. I'm trying to make this day by day but it is so hard. I was real depressed when I found out that we would have to reschedule. But my faith in God is strong and everything that would have gone wrong if I would have had surgery on 3/19 has gone right. Hope this helps. I have two websites that I would like to send you. One was posted on hyster sisters, I don't know if you saw it, and the other one my brother in law sent. I posted it, but don't know if you saw it either. If you have, I'm sorry about resending them to you. Take care..... Tammy If you would like to email me personally my address is mercoug94@aol.com I would like to talk to someone who feels the same as I.

http://www.interviewwithgod.com/playprayer.htm

http://www.hopeinhim.net/theoperation.html
Unread 04-02-2002, 12:30 PM

I read your post. I was like you. I am terrified of hospitals and needles. My doctor prescribed Tranzene the day before and the day of the surgery. It helped a lot. Otherwise I would not have been able to stop crying. It took the edge off. Also,I had everything removed so the doctor put a estrogen patch on me during surgery so I would not crash into menopause. I take Paxil once a day but I think the hormone has helped more than eanything. The patch made me feel like all was not lost and I felt good about the future. When is your surgery?
Unread 04-02-2002, 12:43 PM

Hi, Jo-Anne -

No, you're not the only one who has gotten really stressed out about the surgery, and having it cancelled 4 days before it was to have happened would certainly add to an already scary situation.

Sounds to me like you're doing just the right thing by contacting your doctor. Let him help you through this, both with ideas of what to do for the cold (you want to be very careful not to take things like asprin, ibuprofin, Echinacea, etc) and what to do for the nerves. Ask him about extra vitamin c and zinc tablets for that cold.

I don't take Paxil, but have several friends who do, and it has been very helpful for them.

Hang in there!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register