April 5th sistahs, let's hold hands! LOL | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April 5th sistahs, let's hold hands! LOL April 5th sistahs, let's hold hands! LOL

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:26 AM
April 5th sistahs, let's hold hands! LOL

Anyone up for it? Just wanted to tell ya'll that I feel so much better after my pre-op yesterday and am looking forward to Friday. Just thought I might start a PRE/POST thread so we can all share our fears, thoughts, surgery stories and our *other side of the fence* cheers! I'll be there with you ladies in mind and spirit and hope you'll be there with me. I can't wait to get home and say THE WAITING REALLY WAS THE WORST PART! lol And cheer on all the LIW.. I love this site and wish that every women going through this is lucky enough to find it, as I was! This site has not only given me love and support, but has answered SO many questions and eased many a fear! I'll be forever grateful to all my hystersistahs! s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be living in chat til Thursday night, too! LOL
Hope to see ya there......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 04:48 AM
Hi There

Hey JuJu
Boy I've missed you!!!! Let me just say that you of all people know what a chicken I was about the surgery. The waiting is the hardest part!!!! I am now 7 days post op and never felt better. I do get tired but everything else is great. I am so glad that I did have the surgery and you will be too. I will be on Thursday night to hold your hand for sure. Love Angeldolls from the chat room.
Unread 04-03-2002, 07:59 AM
(((((((((((((Angell))))))))))))))))

I have missed you SOOOOOO much! How ya feelin'??? Your daughter is such a sweetie! Be sure to tell her thank you again from me.. Sounds like the surgery was a great success and I'm so very happy for ya! BIG HUGE "hug"S, honey!! I'm glad you are mending well and feeling so wonderful.. Look forward to seeing you in chat!

MORE S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 09:45 AM
Grads. on completing your pre-op

Dear Julie,
Congradulations on completing your pre-op. My pre-op is scheduled for April 18th. So if you have any advice for me, please let me know. I want you to know that even though I don't know you, I will be thinking about you through the days that come. I know how nervous I am and my surgery is a couple of weeks away. I can't imagine what you might be going through. I will pray for you on your day of surgery. I will be celebrating a birthday on Friday and I will be celebrating for you, because I know the Lord will take care of you. Good Luck and Rich Blessings.
Unread 04-03-2002, 09:54 AM
Thank you Shara! :)

That makes me feel so much better, knowing that people are praying for me.. I really appreciate it.. Happy early birthday, too! I'm very nervous, but not as nervous as before pre-op.. lol

My best advice to you for pre-op, is everytime you think of a question to ask, go and write it down right away.. Make a list of every single concern you have and as they're taken care of, check it off.. It helps in knowing that things are getting done and eases the mind.. Also, if you're not sure what to ask, go to the pull down menus for the lists of what other women asked. My main concern was keeping my ovaries and I got a lot of information about that and some reassurance about them not shutting down prematurely. So, whatever your biggest concern is, get that out of the way first, don't let your Dr rush you AT ALL.. Make sure you walk away from pre-op, feeling good about what you've learned and feeling good about your Dr.. My Dr, God love him, spent over an hour with me on Monday and answered every single question I had and then some..

God Bless and thanks!! S!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register