Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:30 PM
Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy

I am 25, and have adenomyosis. I am scheduled for a laproscopy and poss hyst. on 4-11. I have had so many problems with this that I just want it out, yet my doctor wants to exhaust all options, all the way to seeing a foot dr., HAHA. Will I need someone to take care of me and my two kids after, what should I expect, I don't want my Mother-in-Law here so can I do it with my hubby and I alone? PS I had a 12lb kid and was up and ready to go home an hour later, I heal quickly. HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Adenomyosis and Hysterectomy

I just returned from my two week post of appt. The pathology on my uterus was adenomyosis, along with a couple other things.
I had a tvh and will be returning to work on Monday. I feel like I could have gone back this week.
I needed very little help at home. If you have small children, you may need more help. My kids are teenagers so they pretty much fend for themselves.
Good luck. You are so young. You should do well!
Twelve lb baby! WOW. Mine were 9 lbs. and I thought that was big!
Jamye
Unread 04-03-2002, 08:08 AM
help after hyster

Hi there jorjebette

I wanted to wish you the best with your upcoming laproscopy. Also I wanted to address your questions.

I had three children vaginally and ranging between 8lbs to 11lbs. I was up and moving around right after as well. A hysterectomy is nothing like having a baby. This is major surgery.

You may be able to not have outside help at home. However, If there will be any lifting involved with your children you may want to re-think this. Lifting anything over 10lbs can cause serious injury. You will have 100's of stitches holding and supporting all the cuts and mussles in your abdomen.

I also had Adenomyosis. My uterus was very large and had to have a TAH w/bladder repairs. My recovery was smooth and uneventful. I did take my healing time seriously and i feel that helped me with my smooth recovery.

Recovery time is different for everyone. It also depends on the type of hyster you have and how extensive the work being done is. It seems TVH's have a faster recovery to a TAH. But keep in mind all the healing on the inside is the same.

The best advice i feel I can give is this is not anything like a C-section or natural delivery birth. You need your healing time and should take it. This like any major surgery needs time and rest to heal propperly.

Talk to your Dr about the healing time, the do's and don'ts, and what you can expect. You can also use the search menu and the pull down menu's to read other sister's stories to know what you can expect. You can get a lot of answers here. Any advice you may want to take, please ask for Dr first.

sending good thoughts

Michele

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register