Less than a Week and Feeling Frazzled | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Less than a Week and Feeling Frazzled Less than a Week and Feeling Frazzled

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:06 PM
Less than a Week and Feeling Frazzled

This time next week it will all be over! But right now I don't feel like I'm gonna make it til then. I am really getting nervous. I know things will go well. I have faith in my Dr.

I go from laughing hysterically one minute to being on the edge of tears the next. It's almost like PMS (and I know it's not 'cause I just finished my last period). I know from reading all the posts that this is NORMAL! It still doesn't make it easier.

I absolutely love this site. It has been so much help and you know there are women who are going through what you are. It helps alot!

I have my preop on Thurs (4/4). I have my list of ???s. I have started packing (even though my daughter thinks I'm nuts). If I see something or think of something I want to take I throw it in the bag. I'll straighten it out the night before. My mom (bless her heart) is being wonderful. She brought me a bed (I have a waterbed) so I will have a place to sleep and rest. She's coming up (only a 2hr drive) day of surgery and plans to stay the night if I need her. Don't know what I do without her. DH doesn't handle hospitals. Pour baby!

Thanks for listening and keep me in your prayers! Looking forward to being a !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:13 PM

Feeling frazzeled is certainly expected and OKAY!! I am feeling that way myself and I still hav 2 weeks to go. I haven't started packing yet but I certainly have a list of things to go with me and things to do ahead of time to make my return home easier. Just remember, you've got lots of support with hystersisters. It's good that you mom will be available for you. Let her pamper you. It will be good for you and probably for her to be needed to badly.
Unread 04-02-2002, 05:29 PM

Hi. You are perfectly normal !! I remember trying to e mail my friend and I had to send 3 letters to her before I got the message right. My last letter said " I'm really ok , I'm not losing it ."( even though at times I felt Iwas) .
I am 15 days post op and I can honestly tell you that the waiting is really the worse part. Just try to do things you enjoy , pamper yourself , and it will be over before you know it. I remember saying the same thing about in one week it will be over , and then I remember saying - a week ago at this time I was in recovery. Best wishes to you and all the LIW. God Bless!!!!
Terri (TVH/BSO 3-18)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 05:39 PM

s MoJo!
You are doing wonderfully! May be time to just kick back and relax now. It sounds like you have done everything you can to prepare. If you have the time/money you might want to get your hair done, get a massage or a manicure. It will make you feel wonderful and it may be a few weeks before you feel up to going out and getting that done. All the best to you...hang in there!
Unread 04-02-2002, 07:21 PM

Hi MoJo,

Is there something in the water today. I really know what you are feeling. I started feeling frazzled, etc. last night and things went from bad to worse today. But this time next week it will all be over for us. Thank God! i don't think I could last any longer than that. I feel exactly like you do, confidence in my doctors, so why the bad case of nerves?!?!

I feel so thankful that I found this site back in February. So many of my questions have been answered.

Keep posting. s and ers are coming your way.

Take care,

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register