Hi Everyone...This is my first time posting | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi Everyone...This is my first time posting Hi Everyone...This is my first time posting

Unread 04-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Hi Everyone...This is my first time posting

First I would like to say...I love this site and am so happy I found it. I am scheduled for a SAH BSO on April 26th. My main problem are massive adhesions due to 3 c-sections but, I also have uterine fibroids as well as ovarian cysts that come and go. I am in pain a good deal of the time and my periods keep getting heavier and heavier. Prior to this I connected with an adhesions board, that weren't very supportive when they found out that my doctor wanted to perform a hysterectomy. I realize more surgery can mean more adhesions but not just my reproductive organs are being affected. At this point I don't think I have a choice. When I saw the pictures that were taken during my laparoscopy in Feb. and saw what a mess my insides are I knew something had to be done. My doctor has been wonderful and not rushed me into anything. He has allowed me to take the time and really think about this before we scheduled the date. Even though I'm scared... I'm ready to have this done. This site has been so helpful to me...I don't know what I would have done without it. Thank you so much to everyone who has shared info and experiences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 07:27 PM

I love this site also. I have had many questioned answered here and alot of comfort knowing people here care.
Good Luck
runabout
(lynne)
Unread 04-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Hi Debbie

Sometimes enough is enough and so we do what we must to have our DR take care of us. If you have talked with your DR and discussed this surgery and you are satisfied with the outcome then congrats girl. You are on your way to getting every thing fixed. Remember follow the rules and if you think you need a second opinion don't hestiate to get one or even two more. Nothing wrong with that. God bless. :hug;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 06:09 AM
Best Wishes

I too had severe adhesions that were from a prior c-section causing problems with the appendix and bowel, as well as having long periods and pelvic pain. I have 2-weeks post op and feel great! Sounds like you and your doc have discussed everything and feel comfortable with proceeding. That is so important. We sisters are here for any questions, no matter how silly they seem, to help.

Best of luck to you in your waiting period, your surgery, and your recovery!
Unread 04-04-2002, 04:04 AM

Hi Debbie,
I'm new here too, just a few days...and it's the best thing I've come across!! The medical sites I went to just scared me with all the terminology and 'worse case' senarios. It's nice to read not only 'good' stories, but words of encouragement.
My surgery is on 4/22...had lots of questions that I found answers to here. I've been dealing with cervical cancer on and off for years and have just been diagnosed with fibroids in my uterus. The pain I've been experiencing in the last few years is getting worse and harder to deal with. Strange how a woman can put up with so much!! Like to see my husby deal with this and still cook, clean, nuture and have an all around good attitude!! LOL
Although it is a major decision to make, and a major op, I am looking forward to the whole thing being over and finally gaining my life back! You'll be fine, as will I. Our fellow Sisters tell us so!!
Keep coming here, I'm going to hit the chat sometime soon as I've heard nothing but good things. Hope to see you there!
I still have anxiety about everything, but I've found that communication with others who have been through it or are on their way makes things much easier to handle.
Best of luck to you!
Great big
~Jaze
Unread 04-04-2002, 04:38 AM

Hi........ I am also new here and I love it!!!!!! I do not have my surgery date but hopefully I will by next week. I am 40 years old and have 5 kids.........I am having partial hysterectomy and bowel and bladder reconstruction. I do not know the initials for this surgery........lol having ttrouble following all the shortcuts in the surgeries you all are having........lol someone needs to fill me in on this....

hugs

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register