This just may be one of the happiest days of my life:) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This just may be one of the happiest days of my life:) This just may be one of the happiest days of my life:)

Unread 04-02-2002, 08:08 PM
This just may be one of the happiest days of my life:)

Hi...well today was the day!! I met with my new GYN and had my whole list in my person of things I knew I had to tell him! I only had to look at it once and that was to tell him when my last period was!! He was wonderful...very compassionate, very understanding! Went went over my history, my laporoscopy, and its findings and the b/c and lupron I have already tried! He asked me what "I" wanted and I told him a hysterectomy...and he said "OKAY..Lets get it scheduled!! He went over the procedure, the risks, ect....and said I would be having a LAVH...the only upsetting part is that he wants to take my ovaries too, which I had hoped to keep...he said that since I did get total relief from the lupron and the chance that I may have microscopic endo, the only way to be sure that the pain will be gone is to remove the ovaries too..has anyone else been told this? He discussed hrt, which I am a little confused on...So anyway..I went to the surgery scheduling department and they have me scheduled for April 16th...wow...talk about quick (not a problem) He actually told my that "no woman should have to live with this kind of pain!" Almost like he read my mind and knew everything I was going to say! They still have to get my insurance to approve, but they don't think that will be a problem since I have tried alternative options first! Just wanted to share my WONDERFUL news!
Thank you soooo much for such a wonderful site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 08:16 PM

yes I was told that also. My Dr. said he had to do a TAH. Had to take ovaries due to endom. My surgery is on the 19th so I will be thinking of you.
Keep in touch-
runabout
(Lynne)
Unread 04-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Hi MJM

Congradulations on getting a great doctor than will proceed with the surgery you want.
HRT is different for everyone. Just like our surgeries and recoveries. For some women they do great with what the doctor puts them on right away. For others it is a matter of trying different types and dosages to find something that works well.
When you are ready, please visit the hormone jungle.
http://www.hormonejungle.com/
Sometimes the doctor's will put you on something in the hospital and sometimes they want to wait awhile.
It is difficult to absorb everything during a meeting with a new doctor with so much to cover.
Please call and ask your doctor what his plan is for your HRT. It is nice to know what to expect.
Good luck to you. Let us know how you're doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:19 PM

Yay, MJM!! I'm so glad it went so well!

Melissa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register