Surgery scheduled for April 19th | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery scheduled for April 19th Surgery scheduled for April 19th

Unread 04-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Surgery scheduled for April 19th

I was wanting encouragement from other ladys pertaining to the scaredness and emptiness I am feeling at this point. I do not want this surgery, but it isn't an option at this point. I feel as though if I have this surgery, then I will be less of a woman. Can anyone please give me some advice or encouragement. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 08:54 PM
I'm probably the wrong person

I'm probably the wrong person to be posting to this, but I'm wondering all the same things too! I don't want it either, but it seems inevitable (& is even scheduled now for April 12th). I have the same worries & fears. This has all happened so fast. Maybe the only thing I can say is that I feel the same way & can let you know you're not alone, because here I am! I'll be watching for other posts to this too.
Unread 04-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Hi there ;-)

I'm new to this site but my advice is to post your greatest fears... and feelings and just let it alllllll out ! You're not alone !
I see you have your surgery the same week ! You can on my shoulder if you want to . just read read read and you'll gain knowledge and see you're not alone.....
No one really wants to have this done by choice and you'll be a healthier person if that's what you HAVE to have done.... Have you had a second opinon ? Maybe if not you may consider it...I'm not sure why you have to have a hysterectomy but, if you read other posts and see that someone else has your same problems and they had a hysterectomy maybe you can ask them queestions. I didn't know about Complex Hyperplasia so I started a new post then BOOM I had women coming out of the wood work with the very same condition. I had like 4 responses in a matter of a couple hours....pouring in. Boy did I feel better. Then as I got sad I went and posted on another sisters post of I feel blue today and balled my eyes out !!!
So just be yourself let it all out and you'll have the support here you had never dreamed of...I know I did !!!
Here's a Great big
Abrakadeborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Hi Shara

Sweety has someone been telling you that you will be less of a woman after this surgery? If so don't listen. I am as much or more of a woman after my hyst. My sex drive is better and sex is better because there isn't the pain I felt for the last 10 years. I am a very sexual person and that was a big concern of mine. I had a tah/bso and before my hyst I was taking 2 BP meds. Now I am off one and we are trying to see if my BP stays down for a year as low as it is I am going to go off of it to see if I can do with out it (DR orders). So there are lots of benefits from this surgery. Don't let your self think that it will make you into less of a woman, it doesn't in fact for me it made me more of a woman. God bless.
Unread 04-02-2002, 09:06 PM
April 19th surgery date

Dear Mistress,

I have the same surgery date scheduled and of course the same
feelings because I don't have any other options. I'm trying very
hard to take one day at a time and I read most of the posts here every time I get the chance. I'm so happy for this website. It really keeps me upbeat most of the time and all of the sisters are
fantastic. All you need to do is ask and they're there with the
encouragement! Thanks for posting. You are helping everybody.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register