Kitten Cuddles- HBP & Hysterectomy? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kitten Cuddles-  HBP & Hysterectomy? Kitten Cuddles- HBP & Hysterectomy?

Unread 04-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Kitten Cuddles- HBP & Hysterectomy?

Hi Kitten Cuddles,

I noticed in a post that your blood pressure has lowered since your hyster. Is HBP a symptom of gyn problems? I had never thought of many of the symptoms I have as due to female disorders. I've read that low back pain can be related to it and several other problems. Wow! I now wonder just how well I may feel after this is over. I'm excited. Thanks for everyones help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 08:34 PM
Hi Sharina

I have had BP problems for about 3 or 4 years and my DR always contributed it to my weight (I am a big girl) and after my hyst I went to see him and we found my BP was low and watched it for a couple of months and it stayed down so he took me off one of my BP pills, I was taking two pills that is how high it was and it would go up and down alot. So needless to say my hyst has not only freed me from pain each month and non stop bleeding, but also from other things as well. The DR and I are going to experiment with going off the other BP pill in a bout 6 months if my BP stays down. Sorry I haven't anwered I have been working during the day over time and I have to come on at night and miss a lot of post. My back pain has dissapeared too but I had it mostly from my period but it is gone. So who knows what you might get rid of God Bless.
Unread 04-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Kitten Cuddles- HBP & Hysterectomy?

Hi, Kitten Cuddles,

Thanks for your reply. I too am a very large girl. The Dr. has put me on 3 BP meds now to try to lower the BP, so your post really gives me hope that maybe the hyster will help me with that too, yahoo! My last BP med is a betablocker and he is talking about more meds, yuk.. Maybe now I won't have to have more. I am losing weight too, so that might help also.

I sure appreciate all you do to help us LIW's. Thanks so much.

Oh, BTW, I had a very stressful day yesterday. (I know that doesn't help the BP). The replys to my post helped so much that today I am back to having a better positive attitude. Thank you so much to everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 10:50 PM
hmmmm

well this IS interesting. for the past several years since being on the pill to help manage some of my bleeding and abnormal periods i have insisted my higher b/p might be related. i have never had any problems in this area til this. i attributed it to the pills and tho it isnt consistently high enough for medication it has been at times been way high, this should be real interesting if an added benny is my b/p going back to its normal norms. i hope so anyhow. i go in for surgery april 8th.
janice

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register