Surgery coming soon..Desire? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery coming soon..Desire? Surgery coming soon..Desire?

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Surgery coming soon..Desire?

Hi......I have been reading this site for a few months and finally decided to post. I have a total hysterectomy scheduled for April 11th...... I've been busy arranging mine and my 4 year olds schedule. I had a lot of douts about going through with this until last week, when I got hit with bad aches,cramps and leg pain again. I had felt good for 3 weeks and kept trying to tell myself
"You can live with the pain."...well I had an awakening and really saw how the pain zapped my energy and changed me ! Now, I feel ready. I've been lining up friends to come take care of me and told them I expect them to come over in their tap shoes to entertain me over the next few weeks. For some reason my nagging concern is over feelings of intimacy and sex. Do you loose these desires?? I'm going to be 40 in October and I'm in my prime...(hee hee) Anyway, for some reason this is a big concern to me. I know all you "sisters" out there can help me with this nagging concern. Thank you to all for your postings.

~San
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2002, 10:29 PM
Hi Sandy

Welcome to HysterSisters. Here's a welcome

Congradulations on your upcoming surgery. I know it takes courage to reach the decision. From what you have said I think you can look forward to alot of relief and feeling much better.

I think everyone who has gone through this has been very concerned about sex and intimacy. You didn't mention your ovaries. I hope that they are healthy and you will be keeping them. You are young and have lot's of year's for the ovaries to produce not only estrogen but progesterone and testosterone. They are all important hormones for sexual desire and response.
There is also Hormone Therapy for women who have lost their ovaries.

Most women have sex lives that are as good or better than before the hysterectomy especially if there had been pain with intercourse previously. I am 5 weeks post op and single. I have done some self tests and everything feels just the same.

Here is a link to give you some additional information:
http://www.hormonejungle.com/libido.php

Keep coming back with any other questions. The Chat room is great too.

Unread 04-02-2002, 11:17 PM

I'm 3 weeks post-op. Despite some discomfort and getting the flu, my libido is definitely coming back.

I'm sure yours will be fine too.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 01:46 AM

San

Just wanted to let you know, I am 16 weeks post today and (blush) the desire is every bit as strong as it was pre. AND (blushing again) orgasms are just as good as they were pre also, actually, even better, as now there is no pain involved.

I started getting desire again at around 5 weeks post, but waited until 10 weeks post. I had clearance from the dr at 7 weeks, but just wanted to wait that bit longer.

Best wishes for your surgery.

Gail
Unread 04-03-2002, 02:58 AM
San

I am here to tell you that for me having the Hyst was the best thing I ever did. I too put it off for way too many months till it got to the point everyday was just so miserable. Now at nearly 8 months post I am so glad I had it. Sex is way better than beofre, no more pain and I had a prolapse that was so bad sex was just impossible. Now everything is back in place all neat and tidy LMAO. I did wait till 11 weeks till we did the deed but it was just great and got better and better. Best of luck to you keep us posted. Hugs Vicki

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register