I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this. I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this.

Unread 04-03-2002, 06:18 PM
I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this.

Sorry to bother you all again - but I'm sitting here (family is out this evening) and I'm thinking more and more about this surgery. I don't have doubts I have made the right decision. It seems that just about everyone I talk to has had it done and said they have felt better than they ever had. It is definitely worth it.

My problem is everything seems to be falling apart. I had to have a root canal last week - the pain today is worse than the day I went in. Went back to the Dentist and he says things look fine and he was changing my antibiodics. It's been two days and I still have the pain.

My husbands aunt passed on yesterday and he had the task of telling his mom. I am really worried about him. He tries to put on a brave face but I know better. He doesn't want me worrying about him so he is acting like everything is fine.

I went for my pre-op and the lab called today and said I have to have another blood test. They forgot to put the label on the first tube and they want to be sure. I wanted to donate blood but it's too close to the surgery date. I was really upset and they must have mentioned it to the doctor.

He called this afternoon and assured me that he was not planning any transfusions. If I wanted to get a donor for one unit of blood to ease my mind it was ok. I told him how nervous I was and he suggested I start taking the Xanax again. We talked again about the surgery (he is being so patient). We agreed its best that everything go. After reading some of the messages now I'm worried I will crash into menopause and feel really out of sorts.

I hate taking pills and I can't believe I can't get through this without them.

Is all this worry going to be over after the surgery? At this point I'm not even concerned about the pain. Here I go, the tears are flowing again !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 06:25 PM
HI

Well I can't tell you my experience yet because I haven't had my surgery. It is not until the 19th.
I hear from everyone here that the waiting is the worst...
I too have days that I am more nervious than others. I am just afraid my nerves will set in the morning of. I don't like being put to sleep or the thought of being drugged up the first day (but again from what I hear I will be glad because it will relax and take the pain away)

Sorry you are having so many difficult times right now but try to stay positive about all of this.

Good luck and keep us informed.

runabout
(Lynne)
Unread 04-03-2002, 07:05 PM

Hi I am having my surgery on April 26th. The waiting right now is the worst...having lots of time to think of going through a major surgery. I know if I want to feel better I need to have this surgery. All I can say is keep the faith and remember there are people out here who really care, and know what your going through. It doesn't help Delarbar that you have other things going on in your life right now. My prayers are with you................................... Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 07:11 PM
One week post op today....can I help?!

Hi!

My goodness you have alot to deal with!!!! Having surgery all by itself is extremely stressful, but I must say its been a rough week!

I just want you to know there is light at the end of the tunnel. I was stressed out over having surgery!!! Scared to death would be an understatement!!! Now that I am on the otherside of this I must say I wasted alot of energy being stressed out!!!!

I am not much of a pill taker either, but if you need something to help with the anxiety so what!!! You need to be number one right now and thats o.k. !!! I am doing well, however, resting is boring!!! So stock the pantry and buy a really good book!!! Right now my mental energy is very high, however, the body is slower than I would like!!!!

Before you know it you too will be on the post op boards!!! I wish you well and a speedy restfull recovery!!!
Unread 04-03-2002, 07:13 PM

My surgery was Feb 26. The waiting is the worst - though for me after my pre-op and the doctor answered my ?and told me she would take care of me- I felt better.
The last 48 hours for me were strangly the calmest of the days. It went way better than my fears- the pain was not as bad as I feared.
God be with you Paula
Unread 04-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Hang in there

I haven't had my surgery yet, either, Delabar, but I'll share something that I read a while back. It said that when things seem to be piling up on you (your root canal--ouch!!, retaking of blood, etc.), start looking for someone else you can help.

You have some good things happening--a caring Dr (and that's really, really nice!!), husband obviously loves and cares about you, having Hystersisters for comfort! This may be just the right time to really kind of concentrate on your husband and your Mother-in-law for a few days. Your life sure does sound really full right now.

I understand about not wanting to depend on pills to get you through, too, but I don't think Xanax is considered "heavy-duty", just a little something to help take the edge off.

I wish you well, Delabar. Sometimes a person just needs to know someone else recognizes they hurt or are frustrated. Keep coming to Hystersisters and here's a that I hope will help!
Unread 04-03-2002, 08:07 PM
it's no bother...

hello.
I had my surgery, already I also was so stressed out i could'nt think straight...My doctor, gave me meds for stress and panic attacks. I took it , if it didn't do nothing else it made me get some rest, and that is what I needeed.
I went in for my surgery,and when I woke up it was all over...I didn't feel a thing. :-) and I was sore and uncomfortable but I lad there and closed my mind to all worries, Because in spite of me life will keep on keeping on, with or without me, so on that note You come first,Give yourself premission to relax "It's ok" heal with Grace and Peace
Peace...Elaine
Unread 04-03-2002, 09:12 PM
Dela same kinda day and week....sorta

Hi my surgery is the 15 th !!! we're going through it together !!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhh ! boooo hoooo Yeahhhhhhhh booooooohoooo
That's how I feel can cry at the drop of a hat.....??????
Too bad we can't be roomies and have it catered and live music !!!! LOL
Oh the visit to the Castle....oh man what a wait !!! counting the days down like Christmas.... I'm supposed to start the 14th or sooner heck I never could tell....so I'm PMSing too .....ugh
Let's just meet in the Bahamas until the 14th and forget all about the BIG event until the morning of the 15th!!!
SIGH......yeah I stay up until 2am...on here I bet the sisters think I've flipped my lid posting.....I just want to reach out and help if I can in any way... and READ READ READ.......I can't type worth a crap but I hammer it out....so if you all see any LAUGH..... I'm half here....half somewhere else???????
Take care sister
Deborah< we can cry together......
Unread 04-04-2002, 05:11 AM
Hi, Fellow April 15th -ers!

I've had the same kind of week. Up - down - up - down.....
Should start my LAST PERIOD today or tomorrow, so I have PMS headaches. Can't wait until the 15th.

Unread 04-04-2002, 05:18 AM
Hey Parma!

South Euclid, here...I sent you a private e-mail. Please e-mail me and we can talk. I had my TAH Jan 28 (dong fine). I'll help you any way I can, any time. I know how scary this all is. We can exchange phone numbers and go from there. Please get in touch with me asap!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register