I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this. - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this. I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this.

Unread 04-04-2002, 07:03 AM
I'm falling apart... Sorry to bother you all again about this.

And I thought my world was falling apart, eversince this summer nothing has gone right for me, it was one thing after another.

First our mortgage company was going to foreclose on us, and we couldn't figure out why, well they kept switching mortgage companies with us every two months so the payments were going all over, and they couldn't keep track of them, well it worked out in our favor, we were all paid, but it was a big headache.

Then I had to file a harrassment discrimination complaint at where I worked, that was awful didn't want to do it but had alot of people at work back me up and encourage me, because they witnessed things everyday that was happening to me and it was very degrading, I was constantly sick, had a real hard time on concentrating on my job - Awful! I don't wish that upon anyone. Months of hell, and now this, learning of my adenomyosis and having surgery.

I wonder when I will get my normal life back, is there such a thing normal??? These maybe minor compared to yours, but hang in there it does get better, there is a reason for everything.

God only puts these kind of strains on people who he knows are strong! That is what I tell myself all the time, and believe me it does always work out for the better!

:muscle: hang it there! You might not need those pills after all is done!

Archide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 04:33 PM

Just wanted to join in and say my LAVH /BSO(I think that is the right initials!) is April 15th also. The day after our son's 16th birthday.
Wanted to wait til after that so I could enjoy his birthday and make his cake and all but I hope I'm not a basket case that day worrying about it. And then far enough before our daughters college graduation on the 11th of May that I would be feeling good. Also seemed like a good time to take time off from work.

Am considering having a bladder repair also. Am going to call the doctor tomorrow to discuss that.

Haven't gotten too nervous yet but I don't think it has really sunk in yet either. Just decided Tuesday, April 2nd to schedule it. Had thought about it some since December when I hemmoraged so bad I ended up in the ER but just kept putting it off.

Wish everyone well
Chris
Unread 04-04-2002, 05:33 PM

I am 2-weeks post-op today and I can remember quite well how I felt before I had my TAH with the ovaries still intact on March 19th.

I was very emotional, crying all of the time, fussing, mad, scared I was gonna lose my sex drive (Oh Goodness Gracious!), and I was just plain moody all of the time.I was asking everybody I knew who had this surgery about their outcomes and they all told me that I am gonna feel like a brand new woman after the surgery.

You know Delarbar, they were right. I do feel like a new woman, I am a new woman in spite of the post-surgical soreness. I am happy to have had the surgery because I won't have to go through all of those annoying and painful periods and all the other agitation that went with that package.

You stay strong, keep praying and know that God got yo' back! I look forward to threading with you post-op!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 06:35 PM

Hi Delarbar and Moongirl,

I live on the East Side of Cleveland right near the Cleveland/Euclid border!

Delarbar,

My TAH was on March 5th and I agree that the waiting was the hardest part. Between my crazy hectic job and trying to get the house in order...that kept me busy most of the time...but I was a nervous wreck otherwise! I was either in tears, imagining all of these horrible scenarios, having crazy dreams and feeling afraid.

I decided that this six weeks post-hyst is going to be my time to focus on taking care of myself. I'm like a lot of women that take care of everything and everyone else and I realize that I probably haven't spent enough time taking care of me! So, for the most part, I've been a pretty good Princess. This my time to catch up on the rest that I've wanted to get, read a lot, watch TV, make phone calls to friends...things that I wished I had more time for!

Sure, I've had to deal with the post-op aches and pains, swelly belly, fatigue and hormonal fluctuations. Some days are better than others. I try to cut myself some slack and remind myself that I am in the early stages of recovery. I know when I need to I can come here, or to the Hyster Sisters chatroom and vent!

Delarbar, I'm sending you a warm

You are going through quite a lot right now in addition to being a Lady-in-Waiting! I'm also sending you some kindness and gentleness...your Hyster Sisters are thinking about you!

Chris
Unread 04-05-2002, 05:22 AM
Hey Northeastern Ohio

Its me.....cindy from Mentor.....gosh is there an epidemic of hystos in our area or what????? LOL!!!

Nice to hear some more positive stories.

My surgery is 4/23 for tah possible bso and removal of massive adhesions from endo.

I am terrified, happy, insane, relieved....wow what a emotional roller coaster we ride on.....

Doc had told me she expects me to be able to be driving in two weeks and feeling pretty decent by four. Not back to normal but decent. That still seems forever.

Girls email me if you want....cpg5553@cs.com

cindy
Unread 04-05-2002, 05:42 AM

Ladies,

What a lot of people all scheduled right around April 15th! And some even living in close proximity to one another.

I'd like to invite all of you to try out Chat. It saved my sanity when I was pre-op (I had an SAH on 2/5/02) because there was a lot of reassurance, questions answered, and a lot of tension release that can only come from laughing.

I even met another Hystersister in Chat and learned that she and I were having our surgeries in the same hospital just one day apart! We exchanged real names (so we wouldn't wander the halls asking people, "Have you seen ChevyMama?" or "Have you seen DimTwinkle?" We wanted to meet, not share a room in the Psych unit! It was really fun to meet there.

There is almost always someone in Chat--I spent all but 3 hrs. of the night before I went to the castle in Chat and someone was there with me the whole time.

As for the feeling like one is in a house of cards that is suddenly falling down around one--I had that feeling. I was scared, stressed, all kinds of things and it didn't take much for my patience to wear thin and for the tears to roll. My best advice is: (1) follow your doctor's orders, (2) keep busy when and as you can, (3) visualize how much better you will feel in a very short time, and (4) stay in touch, either by posting here, with each other as it seems some might, coming to Chat, or you can email me any time at HelenL@hystersisters.com.

(((((Hugs))))) to all the LIW and Princesses,
Helen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register