the WAITING is the worst... so far | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the WAITING is the worst... so far the WAITING is the worst... so far

Unread 04-03-2002, 07:57 PM
the WAITING is the worst... so far

I am so stressed out and frustrated. Surgery was originally scheduled for March 25th, then re-scheduled to Monday April 8. Blood pressure is still too high.... blood sugars are better and nearly in control.. I REALLY appreciate that my dear Dr is putting it off because she wants to make sure I am able to handle surgery without looking for things to cause complications. But, she made it sound so urgent when she told me it all needs to come out.. I went in for pap smear and was scheduled to have this done two weeks after that appt. And I called her today and she wants me to ask therapist to put me on soomething to help keep me "calm". ( i AM stressing just a bit )
I seem to be in a horrible cycle.. the stress raises blood pressure and elevates blood sugar levels... which cause me to stress more.... I just want to scream ! ! ! ! !

Cathy/TAH/BSO sometime in the near future....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 12:09 AM
HUGS !

Hi, Cathy! Yes, waiting is the worst and it's hard to concentrate on anything else when this is such a major event. It might be good to follow your dr's advice to get something to calm your nerves, because it is important not to let your blood pressue stay elevated for a long time. Do you have diabetes, too? It's good you are able to keep your blood sugars in control, since stress can make them unpredictable! It sounds like your dr is keeping tabs on you and making sure you will be in good shape for your castle day. Try to think of everyone in the hospital working to make your surgery go smoothly and make you feel better--so you can have a healthier life afterwards. We'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best, so think of all the hystersisters sending good thoughts your way, too! Soon you will be a recovering pampered princess on the post op side. s to you!
Ruthie
Unread 04-04-2002, 12:17 PM
the WAITING is the worst... so far

it is official.. I dont know whether I am relieved or ashamed. My boss told me to start my medical leave of absence today. I guess that my stress is showing on the outside..... Talked with therapist today.. have a prescription for a med to "calm me". But I have such mixed feelings about it. The positive side is that it also helps to lower blood pressure ( as a side effect). I just want this to end.. and I know that in time it will.... I think it is time to stop whining and just get over this.. too bad the mind isnt willing to work with the brain !!!
thanks for the support everyone...

Cathy/TAH/BSO sometime in the near future

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register