Got my surgery date | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got my surgery date Got my surgery date

Unread 04-03-2002, 08:53 PM
Got my surgery date

I just got my date for my surgery today. (April 29th) I thought I would feel relief knowing how much longer I have to deal with this, but I am SO scared now. I know that it's the right thing to do....and that I'll feel so much better....but the fear is still there. My husband works swing shift, so I've made up a schedule so I can see when I'm going to have to make sure I have some extra help here. I'm kinda nervous about that. I don't want my husband to take vacation time for this! LOL Also, I've always had HORRIBLE mood swings during PMS, so the hormone thing is worrying me too.

I'm so glad y'all are here! BIG hugs to you all!

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 11:31 PM
Got my surgery date

Pam

Hi! Glad to hear you have got your surgery date. I agree there is a lot of thoughts that go through your head pre op. I know it sure happened with me.

With your dh, I agree, don't take the holidays. Save them for when you can both enjoy them. I had my partner here for 3 days when I came home, then he had to go back to work. By then I was fairly well mobile, I could go to the toilet, go to the fridge, get up and down off the bed/chair/toilet. If you can arrange to have someone with you for those first days, you will probably be surprised that you will be able to get around, just will need help if you do encounter any problems.

I can't offer any advice on the hormone side of it as I don't require HRT (I still have one ovary).

All I can advise is keep reading and keep posting. You will be fine I am sure.

All the very best wishes for your operation and recovery.

Regards

Gail

PS Pam - you may want to go into your profile and change your surgery date, it is showing as 29th March.
Unread 04-04-2002, 04:23 AM
Got my surgery date

Hi Pam

I am 8 weeks post, have been on Estrace 1mg/day since week 2 and my DH has commented how even tempered I've been, haven't flown off the handle at anyone! I had a few warm moments around week 3, but nothing that I would say came close to descriptions I've heard of hot flashes, everything is great now. I was on Provera (medroxyprogerstrone) 11 days a month for three years prior to surgery, to control the bleeding. It made my mood swings during PMS so much worse, I called it "drug enhanced PMS". For about 4 or 5 days every month anything would set me off, I'd either cry or yell, and got worse every month.

Some DR's wait a couple of weeks to start HRT. If yours is one that does, don't worry, there are hormones stored up in the body, and at about 2 weeks after BSO is when you need them. Also if you start HRT immediately you may blame it because you aren't feeling good, when it's really the anesthesia and pain meds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 05:19 AM
Surgery & HRT

Hi Pam,

I am new to this web site and I too am about to, "go under the knife" (sorry to be so blunt). My original surgery date was for 3/21/02, but I got that stupid flu bug that was going around and had to postpone it a couple of weeks to make sure I was feeling better. So now I am schueduled for 4/9/02 and feeling a lot better (minus the ocassional coughing spouts - but they are far a few between).

In reading through these posts, I am very concerned about the HRT. You gain weight??? Something else for me to have to worry about!

I go to my DR. this Friday and I will talk to him about all this. Keeping reaching out to all these kind ladies for support. All that I have encounter so far have been extremely helpful.

to all,

Noël
Unread 04-04-2002, 05:20 AM
Got my surgery date

Gail and Mary Lou,

Thank you for your advice and words of wisdom! I have so much running through my lil brain right now (and that is not a good thing for my lil brain....lol). I have my calendar full of notes and papers about the upcoming surgery, I'm thinking of calling it my Hyster bible instead of a calendar!

Thanks again for your help and kind words.

Pam
Unread 04-04-2002, 05:31 AM
Got my surgery date

Noel,

Best of luck to you on the 9th. I am just beginning to read up on the HRT. WEIGHT GAIN!!!??? ACK! That's the LAST thing I need! Maybe we'll need to start a new forum on here about dieting? lol

Pam
Unread 04-04-2002, 05:57 AM
dieting forum

There is one, it is under Hysteritaville Resort and Fitness Center, it's called B.E.S.T.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register