Daft question ! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Daft question ! Daft question !

Unread 04-04-2002, 02:34 AM
Daft question !

Hi I am waiting for a hysterectomy and have found this site really helpful. One question I can't find the answer to is if I have a TVH or LVH after the six week healing period will I be able to have sex in the same way as I do now ? . Any advice would be greatfully appreciated. Please feel free to :email: directly.

Vicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 03:12 AM
Daft question !

Welcome to Hystersisters!

My dr told me nothing in the vagina for 8 weeks. Please wait until your dr gives the ok. Some heal faster or slower than others. Also, don't be surprised if the first couple of times you have some tenderness.

I had a LAVH and everything's the same as it was before...if not better.
Unread 04-04-2002, 04:30 AM
Daft question !

Dear Nuttytart,

Every Doctor has different preferences. The discharge instructions I was given after LAVH read:
"Intercourse: Please avoid sexual relations for one month after surgery to allow the stitches at the top of the vagina to heal."

Reading that some Sisters have experienced tenderness, discomfort, pain or bleeding when first resuming sex, I may wait a bit longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 04:58 AM
Daft question !

I have to say that I finally attempted it at almost seven weeks post-op. I was very nervous, as it turns out for nothing. I had no pain and it was great, better than ever. My husband was very happy as well, had I realized how great it was after I would've had the surgery a long time ago. Did keep the ovaries, may have something to do with it. My doctor did say there may be some spotting after, but I didn't have any. Hope things go as well for you, don't worry!

cyaple
Unread 04-04-2002, 05:11 AM
Daft question !

Hi nuttytart!
As the ladies have stated here, please listen to your doctor on this one. I had a TVH and was told no intercourse for 8 weeks. Orgasm was fine, but nothing in the vagina. I did have some tenderness the first couple of times (where the vagina had been tacked and was told these stitches are often the last to heal), but otherwise everything is fine! Good luck to you!
Unread 04-04-2002, 08:55 AM
Daft question !

I had TVH and my dr told me after my three week check up and she did an internal that I could have sex..Well we tried it and altho I didn't bleed and there wasn't really what I"d call pain..I was just too nervous, and my DH understood And even at four weeks I was quite nervous But then at five weeks I said okay ready to take the plunge again..And I relaxed ...and it was great. I haven't had any bleeding or any cramping or discomfort DH took it slow and gentle and it was great..Now if only I can get that old desire back up to waht it was..I am just so tired at nite that I have none..I am told that this will come back..but sex is actually better than it was before as there is no pain.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register