Please ease my husbands mind:) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please ease my husbands mind:) Please ease my husbands mind:)

Unread 04-04-2002, 05:23 AM
Please ease my husbands mind:)

I am scheduled for a LATVH/BSO on April 16th...after discussing this with my husband (he WILL be going to my pre op) one of his concerns is that my "sex drive" will be totally gone after surgery--
WHAT A MAN!!LOL!! He has a really good friend that had cervical cancer a few years back and had a TVH/BSO and she told him that she has no sex drive at all! I have read and read and read here and most posts say that sex is the same if not better, but do you desire it?? My sex drive has been going down hill for quite a while which I am sure is due to the pain and bleeding that accompanies it! I told him that with the proper hormones it should not make a difference...am I right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 06:18 AM

Hi,

It didn't change my sex drive at all, if anything sex was better because I felt well. Tell him not to worry typical man lol.

Hope all goes well.

Jenny

TAH 26:07:2001
Unread 04-04-2002, 06:31 AM
sex life after

I can not speak for myself here. However, my soon to be MIL had a TAH-BSO 7 years ago. She is on two different HRT's and has never had a loss for sexual desire. Her and my soon to be FIL are quite frisky often Those two are way cute. Its an inspiration LOL

Best wishes on your up-coming surgery.

Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 06:40 AM

I had my TAH on 3/28. My husband heard horror stories from the men he worked with about your wife will be a nut case etc. I have kept my ovaries. After much discussion with my doctor and knowing my own body. I Feel Sex will be beter then ever(when I can have it)Underdtand I am anemic so I am always tired and sex was the last thing I had energy for. I needed my energy to work full time as anurse and take care of 3 teens!!!!!!!!I was also so self conc. because I was always bleeding!My husband and I are very close. I have a great Dr. who my husband really likes.This helps. In my case the bottom line is if I don't get my drive back there is always medication to get it back!I was on testostrone cream for a while and it worked like a charm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well take care and tell hubbie not to worry. Gosh maybe we need a section here for men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hugs! Angela
Unread 04-04-2002, 11:07 AM

Although my DH won't come right out and say it, I think he worries too. He's hinted all the way around it! Our sex life has been a very important part of our marriage and recently I've lost my sex drive due to pain. I'm looking forward to it again, pain FREE!
Unread 04-04-2002, 12:06 PM
opposite here

my hubby is afraid to even consider sex now that everything has come to surgery. I tell him daily these are the same problems I have had for umpteen years nothing has changed, but now that he knows he wont even consider intercourse til the doc oks it afterwards....I am having a fit..but trying to be understanding. I had a lap done last week and nurse told me no sex til after the hysto on the 23rd....which makes it like JUNE 23rd....oh my heavens I will be a virgin again by then

sindee
Unread 04-04-2002, 01:50 PM
DH was wondering that too!

Hi,
MJM93-I see that your surgery date is the same as mine, April 16th. My DH has the same questions as yours. All though it is not AS big of a concern for me, I too have been a little nervous about that part of this whole thing. The bigger problem for me is the bleeding and not having all the pain! I 'm glad I found this site and am even happier that I found someone who shares the same surgery date as myself. Hope all goes well for us.

Unread 04-04-2002, 02:49 PM

Okay, MJM..are we married to the same man? My husbands first question when I told him about my upcoming surgury was would I still feel like having sex. What bathroom wall are these men reading? My sex drive has been pretty low, not only the pain but I'm also taking effexor, an anti-depression med, which almost eliminates it all together! What I've heard is there might be a little dryness, but other than that, you have a better overall feeling about yourself and things are the same if not BETTER!
Good luck on the 16th, mine is the 19th...and then we'll show them!
Unread 04-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Be good!

Sindee, I hope you will be a good girl now and follow your dr instructions for nothing in the vagina! You can look forward to feeling like a virgin again! Your dh is right about not doing anything to hinder your healing until your dr gives you the go-ahead after your 6 week check. s and best wishes!
Ruthie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register