Swollen Stomach | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swollen Stomach Swollen Stomach

Unread 04-04-2002, 05:45 AM
Swollen Stomach

This is my first posting and I may have sent it through twice, please forgive me if I have.

I have a TVH on the 9th April 2002.

I have been reading lots of comments about swollen tummy's here, but have not been told anything about it by my DR. What should I expect?

Almost (but not quite) Insane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 06:13 AM
Swollen Stomach

Hi,
I am 6wks. post op and had a TAH/BSO. I am still experiencing swelling in my abdomen. I was told you may have some swelling for approximately3 months. Today, I have noticed it has gone down. I guess it will take a while. Best of luck with your surgery!

Maxie
Unread 04-04-2002, 06:29 AM
Swollen Stomach

I think everyone has a different degree of swelling. I am almost 3 months post-op and still have more tummy then I did before surgery. My sisters here assure me it will go away, and I trust them completly! Right after surgery and for several weeks I had a "ridge" that wasn't very pretty that hung over my incision (TAH). That is gone now. I'm also back to work. I jumped in to work, swelled back up and my sisters on this site helped me see I moved to fast. I slowed down and went back more slowly. Use the pull down on this site under post-op. There is more on "swellybelly there too. Please don't go insane! The waiting really is the hardest part. Enjoy reading!, Karlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 06:52 AM
Swelly Belly

Hi Australia! Thought you'd like to hear from a LAVH/BSO, similar to your TVH. No swelly belly here. Maybe for the first few days after surgery, but I ended up water logged from the IV. Once the kidneys kicked in all the swelling went away and I feel great.

Good luck on your surgery, enjoy the trip to the castle! You'll be home in no time!

s
Gail
Unread 04-04-2002, 08:50 AM
Swollen Stomach

I am six weeks post op from TVh and altho I can't remember the exact time my swelly belly went down I remember trying on my jeans like every other day and then one day they fit to a tea..I think it was at about 3 to 4 weeks..I was shocked cuz I thought it would happen gradually and it just seemed to happen overnite..poof gone..Good luck on your TVH..the waiting really is the worst part..I felt great afterwards..
Unread 04-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Swollen Stomach

I'm 3 weeks post-op, LAVH. My belly was a little swelly for a week or two, but is almost back to normal. My clothes fit, though my belly is too tender to wear jeans for long. (Plus my belly swells from a weird intestinal thing so I'm not always sure why it's poofy.)

Good luck!

Melissa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register