I Did It! And Am Doing Great! Thanks Sisters! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I Did It! And Am Doing Great! Thanks Sisters! I Did It! And Am Doing Great! Thanks Sisters!

Unread 04-04-2002, 05:55 AM
I Did It! And Am Doing Great! Thanks Sisters!

Hello Everyone,
I AGREE WITH EVERYONE OF THE SISTERS ON THIS SITE! THE WAITING IS ABSOLUTELY THE MOST HORRIBLE PART! I had my TVH with anterior and posterior repairs and rectum repair. I had the surgery due to prolapse of the uterus and cervix. I have suffered with severe pain for about 10 years, with super heavy bleeding and cramping. Like everyone else, I was reading this board and boy did it help. I knew I was not alone, and this site answered a million questions. I went for my surgery on 3/27. I am now 8 days post op. I have been a perfect princess. I know my training. I AM DOING GREAT!!!!! I went in for surgery at 9 am and everyone was very comforting. I was not nervous the morning of my surgery, I just wanted to pain to stop! They told me it would. I was off to surgery due to delays in the OR at noon. I was in my room at 2pm. IT WAS OVER. My doctor told my DH that the surgery really was more necessary than he even thought. My prolapse was worse and had caused problem with my rectum. He fixed it all, He said my ovaries and tubes looked fantastic. After I woke up that night of surgery, I had a morphine pump and I felt a lot of pressure in my abd. I had a cath. and was doing pretty good. The next morning 3/28 at 6 am the nurse removed my cath and my packing inside and removed the morphine. That was uncomfortable but was over quick. As soon as that was done I went into the potty to urinate. It took a little time on the potty and a little relaxation but it went ok. I was on oral pain medicine now. My doctor told me that I was doing great and could go home around 2pm. I came home and for 6 days did absolutely nothing except drink,walk around the house and rest.
Yesterday was my first day on my own without any help. It was tough with 3 kids at home. I was up all day until my DH got home then I went to rest. That was the hardest day for me so far, I imagine today & tomorrow will be just as hard. I can't wait for the weekend so my DH is here and I can rest again. I am doing and feeling better than I have felt in years! No pain, No feeling like everything is falling out of my stomach! My 2 cents worth is the waiting is the worst part of this process! My thoughts and prayers are with all you ladies in waiting, and I hope my post will help reassure you that everything will turn out ok.
Christie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 06:54 AM
Thanks Christie

Isn't it funny how all those things you imagined a gone after the surgery? Waiting is the hard part. I like you wanted the pain to be over and finally it was. I have entered a different life after almost 40 years of pain etc. The only good thing that came of all my 40 years of having a period was my DS. He is the light of my life. My DR told me after my post-op report she wasn't sure how I got pregant with him. I didn't have any infertilitly work at all. Just the normal way. But I was surprised big time. I had been married 12 years and suddenly there he was. God gives us blessings in unusual ways. God bless and am so glad you are doing so well after your surgery. Now watch it and dont' do too much while your DH is at work. I know you have to take care of the kiddies, but take care of yourself too.
Unread 04-04-2002, 07:58 AM

Christie,

THAT'S FANTASTIC NEWS!!! I am so happy for you and very happy you posted your experience. I know we're all nervous and don't know what to expect, all bodies are different, but it's so good to read the "great" news too!

Keep taking good care of yourself and get the rest you need.

Warm regards,
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 11:54 AM
thanks for sharing your

good news with us LIW, I am hoping beyond all hope that the waiting is the worst part for me too!!

God Bless..

Get some Rest girl!!!

sindee
Unread 04-04-2002, 12:03 PM
3/27 sister also!

Hi Christie,

Glad to hear all is well and that your castle experience was positive. My recovery so far has been uneventful, in fact a little easier than I imagined. I Can't believe I am only 8 days post op and have more energy now than prior to surgery.

I too am being good to myself and taking it easy so that I can be back to my full schedule as soon as the doctor says all is well.

I hope your recovery continues to be speedy and am happy to join you on the post op boards!!! Wish you all the best!!!
Unread 04-08-2002, 06:22 AM
Thank you for Sharing

Christie C
I am so glad you shared your experience and glad you are doing so well. It helps to know what you might expect during the experience and wish you a speedy recovery and happiness that it is behind you. Sounds like you had a really rough time before your surgery.

Lynnzy
Unread 04-08-2002, 07:59 AM

I'm so glad you posted! Thanks for sharing your experience! I will be going in for LAVH with anterior repair, and I'm really scared! My surgeon said I will not need the PCA pump because he figures that I won't be in that much pain, but I'm scared! I also have severe prolapse with heavy bleeding and cramping during my periods. I made up my mind in December and have been waiting since then! There is a shortage of anesthesiologists here, that is why I had to wait so long!
I have an appointment on the 25 of April to talk to the preop people and the pain management person. I think I will request the PCA pump, what do you ladies think?
Best wishes for a smooth and continued happy recovery! I hope I do as well! Here's a big for you!
Sandy (LAVH set for May 13)
Unread 04-08-2002, 10:22 AM
Long Waiting time!

Hi Sandy. Sorry you have had to wait so long but thank those lucky stars you are almost there. You are very strong. I will be having surgery 6/21 and if I am asked about the pump it will be a definite yes! I would rather have it than not. Even if you do not need it alot it's a comfort knowing it is there. I wish you well and a speedy painless recovery and please let us know how you are doing. I will be praying for you and also send you a and encouragement

keep on shining

Lynnzy
Unread 04-08-2002, 10:44 AM

Thanks for so much for sharing your castle experience. I go in next Monday for my surgery. Yikes!!!!

Congratulations on your recovery, how old are your kids? Take it easy and get lots of rest.
Unread 04-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Reply to Lynnzy

Dear Lynnzy:
Lynnzy, you are an angel sent directly from heaven!
You know that song, I think it's by Alabama.....sounds kinda corny but goes something like this..."I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above......
Feeling like I'm slowly coming unglued today, so I have ordered some relaxation tapes from the local library. Live in a rural community. Planning on listening to those every day if I have to! Today I'm freaking out...spent the last few days at the hospital visiting mother-in-law... the same hospital where I will be having surgery....
Thanks so much for your caring words, really needed them. A friend in need is a friend indeed!
Sending you a great big
Sandy (LAVH-with repair work May13)
Email me any time!
P.S Best Wishes To All You Ladies In Waiting!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register