I'm loosing it--------------------- | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm loosing it--------------------- I'm loosing it---------------------

Unread 04-04-2002, 07:35 AM
I'm loosing it---------------------

I need to vent!!! I feel like I am going CRAZY!!! Today is soooooooo bad I beleive I am starting to pms. All I am doing is yelling at my kids and getting mad and my dh for NO reason. I do not have surgery until May 1st.I am trying to get all things done. My back is killing me due to my prolapse and no one will help me clean this house. I have a 16 year old , 13 year old and all they do is make messes and NEVER I repeat NEVER clean them up! My dh is at work 12-14 hours per day so that leaves me to do this all my self. They just dont understand how I feel. They say they do but the have NO idea!!!!! I also have a 5 year old and I feel so bad cuz when I get stressed about the other 2 I yell at her. She says "I'm sorry you don't feel good mommy" then I ball like a baby.
If it is this bad now how will I ever be able to handle post -op????
Sorry ladies I just had to vent
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 07:56 AM

I can relate... I have a 17 year old who was a PIG when it came to her room... her personal self is immacculate... this is how I solved the problem... I went into her room... pushing through all the crap on the floor, with a large trash bag and a threw everything that was out of place in that bag... EVERYTHING... then I clean and polished it to make it shine... when she came home she wasn't too happy... where was all her 'stuff'.... I told her i threw it all out and that the next time I go into her room and it doesn't look exactly like it does now, I will just pick things up and toss them..... what I really did was keep the bag full of her 'stuff' down the cellar... when she was done ranting and raving.. I got the bag dumped it all out in the middle of the room and told her to put it all away now.. I stood and watched and I told her in a very stern, quite voice that the next time the bag would be out in the rubbish... the look on my face and tone in my voice told her I meant business. I told her that 'her room' was just on loan... that when she had her own house or was in a dorm she could be a pig, but not in our home.
It is hard when we aren't feeling good to deal with everyday stress... try to let the house go and to take care of you for now... make you the priority... take hot showers, sit with a book and the heating pad...whatever.... you count too.... It finally occured to me that noone else in the house cleaned because I was willing to do it all... well no more.. On days that the pain is unbearable and I'm having more of those kinds of days than not, I pick up and if it isn't good enough for anyone else... they can do it themselves.. take good care,
kara
Unread 04-04-2002, 08:04 AM

Thank you! My 16 yeard old son is the same way----he looks great eveyday--but his room GROSS!!!I just have to learn to live with it that if the house is not perfect it is ok. It is hard though. I am a neat freak and can not-- stand not picking up. Believe me,I FEEL it at then end of the night. I just will have to change my ways ---may be hard---but have to try or I will go crazy !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 08:41 AM

My kids are the same way..Exp my boys..My 14 yr old daughter does clean for me and she does good ...and how I got her to do things was I told her IF you don't do some chores around here then you are not going out this weekend or tonite or whatever..boy does she get bz..And I have done that to my boys too..If they can't keep their room at least picked up and pick up the mess the make in the living room or kitchen then too bad they are not going to be doing anything they want to do IT was getting out of hand..I'd clean and then an hour later their junk was laying around..Mostly the two boys..Bribery is the only way to go these days I guess..I got tired of doing it all and since my surgery I could not But my house did get messy things were not where they were spoz to go..And it did drive me crzy but I was not going to blow my recovery to cleanit..It would waite til I felt better and if they were doing the best they could and keep it at least picked up then it was okay..It HAD to be okay..don't overdo during the recovery period cuz housework will waite and that is something I had to learn cuZ I want my house just so and it could not be that way and I was not going to go crazy wanting it that way..

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register