Out of the mouths of babes(teens) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Out of the mouths of babes(teens) Out of the mouths of babes(teens)

Unread 04-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Out of the mouths of babes(teens)

Hi,
Ladies I have a funny for you. My 17 year old daughter has been away on spring break during the time I have been trying to get a surgery date set up. She just came home this am and I told her about the surgery and what to expect. She the asked me about the uterous and I told her that it would be coming out. She had a puzzled look on her face and then said " So that means you won't be having periods anymore? I hate you, Can I have mine out too?" I told her no dear, your not thru using it yet. Isn't that a scream! I think she does not like having a period, but she only has had it for 3 years! Just thought you all might want a good chuckle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2002, 06:49 PM

Ah yes....the proverbial 'silver lining'
Unread 04-04-2002, 07:10 PM

My 21 year old daughter doesn't necessarily want hers out she just wants to stop having periods. I just had my last period and she celebrated with me while complaining about how many years she still had to go before she could have an end to them . Oh well, what are ya gonna do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 04:11 AM

Hi everyone,

When I told my 15-year-old DD about my hyst, the only thing she had to say was "Thanks for the great family history." My mom, her three sisters, and my sister also had hysts before the age of 40. DD has been told all about our problems and she is now concerned about what she gets to look forward to in 15 or 20 years. I just let her know that she shouldn't worry about it as she has her dad's family history to work with too and everyone there is fine. DD doesn't have any problems now with periods, but I have asked to let me asap if anything changes. Better to catch everything early on and not go through years of pain.

Good luck to all and see you on the other side. My hyst is Tuesday and I feel really comfortable about it. I guess the nerves haven't really kicked in yet. That may happen this weekend as today is my last day of work before surgery.

Judy
Unread 04-05-2002, 05:06 AM

Kids are so great! I tried to explain to my 8 1/2 year old about my upcoming surgery. I told him that they were going to remove the part of me that babies grow in because it was sick! He almost looked relieved! He just said "Good mom, I really couldn't handle a baby around here"...I think he loves being the only child (he has two step sisters that live with us, but they are 8 years older than him)...he has also offered to do all the vaccuuming for my recovery...what a sweetie!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register