Update on my anxiety...10 days to go | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update on my anxiety...10 days to go Update on my anxiety...10 days to go

Unread 04-05-2002, 04:55 AM
Update on my anxiety...10 days to go

Well after the bad chest pains ,shortness of breath,not being able to sleep or eat for many days.My doctor put me of Paxil 20mg just once a day.She said it might take a least a week to get in my system. I begged her to give me something that would work much sooner.I was crying that whole day ,thinking what the heck is wrong with me.I am completely losing my mind.So she also gave me some valium to last me for a few days, I probably spelled that wrong.
Well on just 2 days of taking the Paxil I experienced something that was worse than how I was feeling before .I was fine one minute ,than the next minute my eyes became very dry and I started to get very hot inside.I felt like my insides were on fire.Than it was like my mind blanked out.. there were some scary moments when my brain couldn't function.I became very dizzy & confused And for the record I didn't take the valium on this day . I called my doctor and she said to cut my pills in half & only take 10mg. I beginning to think is all this really worth it After that very scary episode I told her I was just going to stop taking it and that I would just take the valium when needed.
I am just blown away at what stress & anxiety can do to someones body!!! I'm trying to stay calm ...mean while fighting a cold on top of this! Does it ever end? Anyone else ever take Paxil & get those kind of reactions?
I want to thank all of you ladies for posting your messages & for your support.I have learned so much from all of you !
Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 05:20 AM
Update on my anxiety...10 days to go

I have taken Paxil in the past...I did not have those kind of reactions to it, but it did make me real "spacey"...I just felt like I was not in control....I was then switched to Buspar for anxiety...that I did much better on! I have been having shortness of breath the past couple of weeks...I did not mention it to my doctor..I know...BAD BAD!! But I am sure it is just nerves...I slow down and concentrate on my breating and I feel fine again! I have 11 days to go and I will be sooo glad when it is over!! Best of luck to you...keep us posted!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register