Maybe this would help you? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Maybe this would help you? Maybe this would help you?

Unread 04-05-2002, 05:47 AM
Maybe this would help you?

Ok, knowing me, I knew that if I didn't get my mind off this surgery date, that I would go crazy and make everyone else crazy right along with me. So although I visit this site everyday, and since I have basically had my questions answered by doc, I decided ok what do I do now? Well, it was the perfect opportunity for me to redo my bedroom!

I told my husband that was the main thing I wanted, he is such a doll! He moved everything out of the bedroom, went shopping with me for paint, supplies, curtains, bedspread, sheets (good Egyptian Cotton Sheets) etc., etc. And for the last week I have been painting walls, ceiling, redecorating, still looking for a wonderful piece of art to look at, but the bedroom is so fresh looking, smells wonderful and I can't wait to put the new sheets ont he bed, which will be the night before my surgery! Believe me, not only has this kept me busy, but truly has raised my spirits! We have decorated every other room in the house, but the bedroom and hubby said go for it and I did. I am actually looking forward to spending some time there. I have a wonderful view of our pool when we open the drapes through the french doors, and hubby put our patio table and chairs and a lounge chair down by the bedroom end so I could just go outside and recoup when I feel like it.

Well, anyway, just thought this might help get over the jitters a bit. I know it did me and another benefit is that I won't be laying in that bed looking at the ceiling and seeing cobwebs, dust, dirt, etc. My surgery is next Wednesday and I am just finishing up looking for some candles, accessories, etc.

BTW, I also got a bedside table (hospital type) to use for the first week or so, just so when I am resting I don't have to twist or turn to answer phone, get my water, etc. I work in the medical field so got mine free as a loaner but they are very cheap (ie $30 a month) to rent and I think would be well worth it.

Marci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 05:52 AM

Can I please come stay at your house to recover??LOL!! Sounds beautiful! I am doing similar things to stay busy...painted the diningroom and living room last week...going to start on the family room tomorrow! Last weekend I spent 7 hours "spring" cleaning...hoping for spring--then it snowed!! I cleaned all my windows, vaccuumed and scrubbed corners...Now my house is nice and clean and fresh for me to recover it...but french doors and a view of the pool sounds much nicer!!
Unread 04-05-2002, 06:18 AM

Now there's a thought! After I recover myself I could open a bed and breakfast strictly for my recovering hyster sisters! We have an empty nest, so have three rooms that could be used....SURE cmon over! Well, better give me about 8 wks or so, LOL

Marci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 06:52 AM

Marci,

That sounds like a wonderful place for a new to recover! And dh sounds like a prince.

We've been doing a major overhaul on our house over the past year. I think it really helped my being couped up having sorta new surroundings than it would have been if it'd been the same ole stuff from the past 15 years. Unfortunately, my hyst was in Dec., so the pool was covered & it was too cold to sit out on the deck. I like your idea much better!

I really think you've hit on a good idea hear for LIWs and new Princesses on how to stay preoccupied pre and enjoy it post. Even if someone can't afford to make major changes, maybe they can at least buy a bucket of paint, some new sheets, or candles. Or just rearrange the furniture and do some good cleaning.

Good luck to you on Wednesday! Let us know how it all went and how you're doing as soon as you're feeling up to sitting at the computer...if we can drag you away from that pool long enough. Maybe you need a laptop to carry with you out there?

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register