Just got my surgery date | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got my surgery date Just got my surgery date

Unread 04-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Just got my surgery date

Pardon me gals while I start to complain, my kids and I have been battling a horrible stomach flu for the past 48 hours and I JUST WANT US ALL TO GET BETTER! WAAAAAHAAAAA! Now for the happy news, the surgery has been scheduled for April 19th at 9:00 a.m. Now I am waiting to hear back from my hubby who is freaking out because that is the week he's to be sent to Wyoming for work What a mess and what a crappy week this has been. My youngest lil man who is 8 yrs had to stay home from school yet again today, and miss out on a wonderful field trip that he has been looking forward to for a month now Well sorry for rambling on and being a crybaby but this really hasn't been the best of times for me here... and now I'm really thinking heavy about my surgery. The doctor told me yesterday that it will be a tricky one. She will remove my uterus, my right ovary (left one was removed a year ago) and also my cervix. This will be done thru the incision that I have from having my 3 C-sections. She said it will be tricky because of the massive amounts of scar tissue that I have in my body, and she said we might run into bowel and bladder troubles. THIS has got me very concerned Well for now I think I will return to my bed curl up and pray that my stomach ache goes away soon.... again sorry for the rambling but it sure is a great way to vent!!!! Wish me luck on the 19th! )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Hi Sophie

Sorry the flu bug has got you all. It does seem like everything happens all at once sometimes.
Sometimes we and the doctors get a nice surprise and things go easier than expected. I will that is the case for you.
In the meantime try to rest and get well. I hope you are all feeling better soon.
Unread 04-05-2002, 11:38 AM
Thanks so much!

Dear Shelley,

Thanks so much for your kind words! Guess what I took a 2 hour nap and feel much better! And ya I guess when it rains it pours eh? I need to get into a more positive state of mind!!!! Take care and thanks again for your kind words this place is wonderful for gals like us isn't it?
:
And it is even starting to feel like spring at last! Weeeeeeeeehooo!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register