Do we need help in the hospital??? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do we need help in the hospital??? Do we need help in the hospital???

Unread 04-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Do we need help in the hospital???

My DH will be there with me the first day, he wants to be, and I told him he could come and visit on his way home from work after that. But like everyone else I plan on napping the most of the time, enjoying my pain free R&R time.

archide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Do we need help in the hospital?

Hi Trish, My LAVH is scheduled for Monday, April 15th at 7:30 a.m. - I am to report to hospital at 6:30 a.m. The surgery is expected to take about 90 minutes. When I discussed this all with my DH who teaches high school here in our hometown, he replied that he could drop me off and still be at school in time for his first period class! It's indicative of how preoccupied I am with this surgery that I didn't clue in....! He will be with me for the day but as I anticipate being rather poor company, I have bought him a reference book on antiques which he loves and have tucked it into my bag already - I'll tell him to look for his present on my way to the OR. I think he'll enjoy it more than marking student papers. So I can't answer your question specifically yet, but rather than needing his help, I need his love, support and presence with me that day. We have little enough precious time together (with three children at home) and this is something that I need him to share with me. I'll let you know how it goes. This site has been wonderfully insightful for me. Thanks all! CMC
Unread 04-05-2002, 06:04 PM

This may sound weird, but I want my mom to take me to the hospital...I think she will be more comforting before they take me into surgery. I want my DH at home to get my 8 yr old DS off on the school bus, and then told him to go to work until my mom called him after surgery. I am having surgery about 40 miles from my home, so I think he would be more useful here with my DS. He does plan on being there when I get to my room, but hospitals make him very nervous (his father died of colon cancer quite a few years ago) and I don't plan on being very good company anyway. My mom was an OB/GYN nurse for 22+ years and knows what I am going through...I guess everyones different, but I don't want much company until after I am home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 07:32 PM

My DH dropped me off at the castle door. Our DS in only 2 and I really was more concerned about him than myself. I had an LAVH at noon. Was awake by 3. DH came by for about an hour. I called him a couple times that night. Next morning DH came by about noon. I was released at 7 pm and DH picked me and we went home. I did get a little lonely but it was just for a day and a half. The nursed responded very quickly to any request I made. They even made me ice tea in their break room microwave because I was craving it so much. Hope your experience goes as well as mine has so far. Dosi
Unread 04-06-2002, 06:10 AM

My DH will be with me on the day I have my surgery (A Mon.) then he will work after that day. When I get home he is planning to take some vacation time so that he can help at home and make sure that I rest. He knows me soooo well.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register