Surgery April 15th...crying one moment & relieved the next...?????????? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery April 15th...crying one moment & relieved the next...?????????? Surgery April 15th...crying one moment & relieved the next...??????????

Unread 04-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Surgery April 15th...crying one moment & relieved the next...??????????

Hi sisters.... I have been in such an emotional turmoil....I'm a really strong person but.... I'm not myself at all and have NO control over my emotions. My poor BF..... I was gonna dump him yesterday because he was not being supportive at all and some other issues that seemed to have piled up ! He said, " I don't know why you're upset!!!? You're not being logical "! I said "yeah you don't know why I'm upset ! You're not a female and you can't relate" !!!!
Well I wouldn't take his calls and he came over I wouldn't answer the door.... I finally did we talked and ironed out the other issues that I was adding to his not understanding me and having NO compassion !!! Well....we went out to a comedy club, it was FUN !!! I needed to laugh ! But as soon as I came back home the tears started to flow....I cried so hard I could barely catch my breath. He held me and said ,"don't worry honey let it out I've got cha" Then I blabbered well I won't have the option of ever having another child and I know I need this but, I didn't have this in my life's plans..... But I think realisticly I'm 43 and well these 11 years single it just didn't happen that I met a wonderful man fell in love and got married...it just didn't happen.... I guess it's just such a final ending it hurts !!!! I feel so foolish letting this upset me this much but, I can't control it...
On a good note.... if I can see through the tears to type..... I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought things to cook that I can freeze so my DS can just stick them in the oven or microwave...oh and I bought some kiwi-strawberry jello and some brownie mix.....LOL I kept reading about the warm brownies sisters said they were making for the return home visit from the castle !!! I bought the carmel pecan kind....MMMM there goes my diet !!
But, I'm ok with it...I can't eat lately and when I do I get sick... I know it's my nerves and it's strange I have NEVER been this emotional over anything!!!!! I'm about ready to call my Dr. for some sleeping pills and nerve pills until the big day....April 15th... and I'm counting the days down....10 more........
I try to stay busy as I can and not wallow in it..but as soon as I sit down here come these emotions.... I don't know what I'd do without you all and sometimes I feel sooooooo foolish posting here bt, It does give me a chance to vent and let it all out...and just maybe someone else is a basket case too and they won't feel so alone.... and maybe they can see themselves in my blabbering and feel perfectly normal...whatever that is at this point....
I'm gonna try and NOT take meds to stay focused..... I usually take herbs but I can't because of surgery...sooooooo well I'll just post and let it out... gosh I feel like a NUTTTTT I can't BELIEVE me the strong never need anyone person feels soooooo very weak... Ok that's enough typing... I need to get busy cleaning.... S to all of you !!!
Thanks for your alls support !!!! My mom isn't very good at giving any kind of support at all so all I have is you sisters and one best girlfriend... I love you all for it !!!!!!!
Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 11:11 AM
vent right here!

Hi, Deborah! That's what we're here for--to let sisters like you vent and cry on our shouders! This is a very emotional surgery after all! Even if we don't want any more babies, it is sad to give up that part of our body. However, once you're recovered, you will feel good again and just as feminine. You will have your life back, better and healthier. If you feel you need medication to relax, call the dr office to see if you can get an Rx. When we become a patient, we see that we don't have to be the strong superwoman we've always been! It actually is quite freeing to give up that "superwoman" persona. And it sounds like your BF is very supportive for you, which is great. Come and post here whenever you want, and join the chat group, too, if you like. You're not a nut or so different from the rest of us! s and best wishes
Ruthie
Unread 04-05-2002, 11:21 AM
Surgery April 15th...crying one moment & relieved the next...??????????

Hey, Deborah,

I'm having the same problems with the emotional roller-coaster, too. My date is also 4/15. Plus, I'm having PMS because I'm starting my LAST PERIOD. Had it out with my husband and son last night and my daughter this morning.

I printed some suggestions from the Hyster Sisters Home page. They have some pull down menues on it that have some great things for your BF to read. I've printed them and I am going to have my DH read them tonight. (Before I kill someone) lol

They have one called "Freaking Out Pre-Op!. Another is "FAQ for Family Members," but the things in it could apply to anyone.

But the best one is called, "How to Care for a Punctured Princess." I think I'll frame that one and put it on his bathroom mirror. lol

I am afraid we are stuck with being yo-yo's for another 9 1/2 days.

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Debbie

Hi Thanks for your post....yeah PMSing here too I'm supposed to start the day before surgery..if not before sometimes it's 21 days sometimes 28 ! I'm at times ready to :explode: !!!!!!!!
I feel like telling everyone to just let me be!!!!!!!!.... and tell my poor BF don't even call me or come by !!!! I'm not fit for good company and I can't HELP it right now !!! yeah we're Freaking OUT Pre-Op FOR sure !!! Thanks I'll go read that...and send it to my boyfriend maybe...... And thanks also Ruthie for the encouragement !!! Debbie hmmm both same name........ both PMSing........... and both same surgery day.....hmmm looks like we're meant to be here !!! LOL
S to all
Deb
PS Don't claw their eyes out(DH & DD) .....
We need brownies NOW !!!!!!!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register