I'm Home | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-05-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm Home

I got home a couple of hours ago and after taking a short nap, i just had to write and let you know it went well.

Here's another for us "fat girls". I had very strong abdominal muscles, hard on the doctor but very good for me. I am recuperating much faster than most.

Thanks to this group, my stay went well and nothing unexpected happened. I have pain but actually nothing was as bad as I anticipated. I was lucky and had no bad reactions to any meds.

And the hospital staff was wonderful. I couldn't ask for better treatment.

I'm keeping this short, because I tire easily yet. But like others have said before..THE WAITING IS THE HARDEST...and welllll maybe the first few minutes in recovery. I had pain but it was gone the minute after I told them. They were right there asking.

P.S. Now I know what was wrong. I had adenomyosis, fibroids, and massive scar tissue on one ovary. Doctor said he doesn't understand why I wasn't in more pain before the surgery and why I didn't have more pain after(he had all that scar tissue to remove) I think the confidence this group gave me helped. Another plus, my backaches are gone...so I guess I did have pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 03:06 PM
Welcome Home Virginia

I am glad all went well. Thanks for the good report and the update.
Remember your training and don't over do it.
I hear the pillow are making their rounds today.
Unread 04-05-2002, 03:30 PM
I'm Home

Happy Happy Happy it wasn't as bad as anticipated. Hope mine goes the same way on the 16th. Take care of yourself and thanks for reminding me that the waiting is the worst part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 03:53 PM
Wow....you are an inspiration!

Virginia: Hi! I'm sooo glad you had an easy time! I am your age and due to go in on 4/16. I'm always glad to see when a Hystersister has an easy time, but I am PARTICULARLY inspired when I read of someone close to my own age having an easy time! I know it's not supposed to matter (much), but I tend to read some of these glowing reports and then I think...."yeah, but shes 10....12.....18....years younger than I am" and then I tend to think I may not fare quite as well. Anyway....heres to your continued speedy recovery, may it turn you into the picture of health!

Paula
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:04 PM
I'm Home

Blessings!
May the angels of healing surround your belly and gently heal your wounds.
Attitude and positive thought will bring you a long way down your road to
recovery. good luck.

With respect,
Paula
Unread 04-06-2002, 12:29 PM
I'm Home

Sending lots of gentle

Rest and relax, you are in our prayers.
Unread 04-06-2002, 12:40 PM
I'm Home

Virgina, Glad you are home and everything went well. Remember don't over due it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is the most important piece of post op advice!Before my suergery I worked full time(as a nurse)I worked out at the gym 5-7 days aweek and took care of my family!It was hard for me to be the patient . If I can do it ANYBODY can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do alot of sitting at the computor!I never was a TV watcher. I have seen every espisode of a baby story and a wedding story!This is post op week 2 for me I get to go on short walks. Im counting my blessing for the little thingsI can go back to doing one day at a time.!!!!!!Angela BTW Alot of people from the seattle area here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Unread 04-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Yea for Ginny

Ginny,

So glad things went well for you. I REALLY appreciate you all posting to let us know different specifics. I weigh more than I wish I did and have tried to eat healthier since I had my surgery date set.

Also, Paula, I understand where you're coming from, too. I'm close in age to both of you and between the weight deal and just a little about the age, I was wondering.

Take care, Ginny. Wishing you a restful recovery
Unread 04-06-2002, 02:40 PM
I'm Home

Laura Jean,
I was concerned about my weight too. I even started a thread earlier about it. Many overweight women responded. ANd despite all the dire warnings we receive, most of us did quite well and sometimes better than some of the skinnier women.
I had two skinnier women on my wing and I responded faster and with less pain...and didn't have trouble with any of the meds...except percocet gave me weird dreams.
The doctor and nurses were all surprised and how strong my muscles were and attributed my speedy recovery to that. WHAT HEAVIER WOMEN DON'T "EVER" EXERCISE? I walk to work every day, plus back home in hte afternoon to let my dogs out and then back again. I have 30 steps to get in my house. Twenty two inside(my laundry room is downstairs). At work I have to navigate 14 steps many times through the day. So do I get exercise? You bet. And I think that helped.
But I am still overweight. I didn't have much trouble getting in and out of bed, nor moving around in bed. I'm sure it will take a little longer for the incision to heal because of my weight, but it looked good yesterday when I left the hospital.
Good luck to you..
P.S. The other women on my wing were also younger than me.
Unread 04-06-2002, 03:54 PM
congrats

Ginny glad to hear your doing so well....remember to behave and rest alot. God Bless....

cindy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register