Having op soon | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having op soon Having op soon

Unread 04-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Having op soon

Hi everyone

I live in the UK and I'll be having my TAH on the 16th of April.
Feeling really nervous now.

I've read many of the messages.
This forum seems to be a great very supportive place and the most informative and supportive on the net

I think my main worries are the post op nausea and pain.
I always hurl after anaesthetic despite being given anti emetic's by the anaesthetist - nothing seems to work for me - even though each time the anaesthetist always promises me that "this time you will have no nausea" I always do!

Oh well will cross that bridge when I come to it.
I look forward to being several days post op! probably just like everyone else who is pre op LOL

Patricia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 02:15 PM
Having op soon

I had nausea only when I stood up, result of the morphine drip. Years ago I had my tubes tied and THAT anesthesia made me nauseous. It sounds like you maybe having alergic reactions. Maybe you could find out what drug they use and let them know which ones did that to you. Good luck.
Unread 04-05-2002, 02:25 PM
having op soon too

Tigger, I too am having op soon. April 15th. Day before you. I have been a nervous wreck. I got on line two days ago to try to educate and encourage myself. Fist few sites I found were far from encouraging, scared me to death!!

What a blessing to find this one, I've found more infor and encouragement here than all the others combined. I'll be thinkin of you and lookin forward to sharing post op stories.

Hang in there, keep coming here for encouragement, we'll make it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 03:12 PM
ME TOO!!!

Dear Patricia,

Hi there! I just read your posting and had to respond to you. I think I can totally relate! I know what you mean about feeling sick after being put under uuughhh I get SOOOOOOOOO ill! I vomit and vomit and vomit some more! I am having my surgery on April 19th just days after yours eh? Well I just wanted to say, I can feel your pain and nerves clear across the pond in America! By the way... my hubby is from England
And it's not a great feeling to be throwing up after just having your stomach operated on is it? But you know what? The last surgery I had which was one year ago to remove an ovary, they reassured me that they had some new medicine that would lessen my urge to vomit, and I admit I didn't barf half as much as I did years ago when I had my last c-section, but none the less I know exactly what you are going thru
I will be thinking of you and sending you good vibes from America allright then? Take care and lets try not to worry ourselves mad!
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:13 PM
Apr 17 is my day

good luck to you, my TAH is the day after you in USA. I'm worried about the tubing I'm told that will be coming out my belly above hair line and below incision. Tubing is directly connected to bladder and won't be removed until records show residual (what left after normal void) coming out of the tubing total less than 100 cc in 24 hrs. I don't want to go home with that in.
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:14 PM
Hi Hyster Sister

My TAH BSO is scheduled for April 16th also. Like you, I am most concerned about the pain and nausea. Also I'm worried about HRT. I found this site just the other day, and I've read everything!!

Well, they say "misery loves company." I'm not sure if that's it, but I will be thinking of you on April 16th while we are both having our surgeries.

Best of luck,

Sincerely,

Linda M2
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:31 PM
Op soon

Hi Patricia, I too have trouble with the hurl thing, still I would rather be under the influence than have the spinal wouldn't you? I live in California but was born in York. My family are in Harrogate, York and Nottingham. My TVH is on 19th of this month. If you want to E-mail me, please feell free. Good luck and keep your chin up.

Katygirl
Unread 04-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Having op soon

Hello sisters, my surgery is scheduled for April 15. I had not seen anything in regard to anesthesia (general vs epidural) so I posted a question about it in post-op and I have received many, many wonderful replys from sisters who have been there, and I have decided for myself to go with the general.
Unread 04-06-2002, 01:56 AM
Post op nausea

Hi Tigger

I too am from the UK. I had my tah on 28th March. I was petrified of being sick afterwards. I had the morphine pump afterwards for pain relief. They inject you with an anti nausea drug before you wake up from the anaeshetic which lasts for 8 hours. I had no sickness at all afterwards. The only advice I can give you is keep the pump for 24 hrs, I kept it for 12hrs and told them to take it off which was far too early. I had to have a morphine injection at the night time for the pain. You will be perfectly fine. They let me home on the 5th day after surgery. You must make sure you eat and drink to push all the wind through, and get up and walk a little as soon as you can.

If you need any more info please email me at janebirch9@aol.com

Good luck

Jane
Unread 04-12-2002, 03:18 PM

Thanks so much for all of the replies to my post.

Best wishes to everyone and also to those having surgery near or on the same day as me - 17th April (I go in on 16th)
Next week now!! will be glad to get it over with.

I keep on checking back and reading everyone's post op experiences. It has all been very helpful

Tigger
UK

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register