April 22nd is the day | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

April 22nd is the day April 22nd is the day

Unread 04-05-2002, 06:56 PM
April 22nd is the day

Hi,
This is my first post and I hope I don't annoy anyone!
I'm scheduled for surgery on the 22nd and I'm scared.
I've just turned 49 and I should be more able to handle this.
The doctor has to repair my bladder, too, because it's going south along with my uterus.
I had my bladder repaired in 1987 but it's falling again.
There are no tumors, cancer or anything like that. Thank God!
My son, who is now 17, weighed 12 lbs. 3 oz. at birth and I guess that sort of tore up the old innards!
I was 31 when I had him. My daughter is now 18 and she was a paltry 7 lbs. 4 oz.
I was shocked to learn that the doctor will remove my ovaries. Since there is no disease, I assumed I would keep them. I suppose because of my age, it would be best.
I've had migraines most of my life and I am totally freaked out that I might get one the day of the surgery! Or after the surgery.
I don't know if I'll continue to get them afterwards because they are hormonally activated.
The doctor has given me a pamphlet about Climara and I think she would like me to use this.
I don't want migraines but I also don't want a mustache, beard and frail bones!
Am I a psycho or what?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Claudette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 07:06 PM
April 22nd is the day

First of all.. Welcome to the best place on the net, Hystersisters! Second of all, you are NOT annoying anyone. That is what we are here for: to support one another and help with answering questions, calming fears and just plain being there for when we need to vent.

Being that you are a gracefully aging 49 year old woman doesn't mean you can't be nervous about this. It is major surgery! Things you are feeling are all normal. You are NOT psycho.

I am having my tvh on 4/23 and this site has been a godsend since I starting having thoughts about a hysterectomy. I am only 28, young and ready. Tired of feeling pain and having it control my life for me, instead of me controlling my own life.

I wish I could help you more. There are a lot of women here whom I am sure will pop in and offer some help and or advice.

Make sure to browse all around the site. Pop into chat, we'd love to see you there.

Best Wishes!
Unread 04-05-2002, 07:15 PM
April 22nd is the day

Claudette:
I am having my surgery the 17th Of April. I asked my doctor about those horrible things(mustach) and etc. He said it's not true.
I have read so much I am worried as well. I get to keep one ovarie so maybe I will have half a mustach.
If you find out any news please let me know.

Thank you,
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 07:19 PM
April 22nd is the day

Claudette - Wow! You beat me. My 1st child was 7#6oz. 2nd one was 9#4oz. But 3rd one was 11#9oz. NATURAL! At the time I told my DH the next one would be 15# -- no thanks! (He got fixed a year later!)

I had the same falling innards as you describe. Everything's better now and I'm a new woman. My Dr. took the ovaries. He said they didn't look too good and they weren't working too well anyway.

Unfortunately for you I can't speak on migrains.

You're in the best place to calm your fears. The unknown is scary. The more you read, the more you realize you're not alone in your feelings. I wish I had found this site 3 months ago!

s

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register