Hello - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2002, 09:20 AM
nervous and stupid

My surgury is the 26th and I've washed the windows, curtains,shopped enough to last the entire year. Went clothes shopping for the kids and made sure if I die my family will know what needs to be done. ( I wrote a letter and put it away to be found at a later date) am I nuts? Maybe you girls shouldn't answer that. As the date gets closer I am eating and sleeping less. I haven't told anyone how scared I really am. I had surgery gone bad before and I'm afraid of those post op complications. Most of all I'm soooooo scared that things will just get worse instead of better...... I guess I'm just venting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 03:41 PM
Hello

Love you ladies, trying to keep busy helps a little. Plus the sun is shining here today! Ditto on the eating and sleeping less, feel like I'm on a bit of a roller coaster ride. Love you all..Any cures for the prop nerves?

s
Sandy
Unread 04-10-2002, 04:05 PM
jcivitano Come on over and clean my place too !!! Teee hee

I feel MARVELOUS ! My Dr. put me on a half tablet of a nerve pill the lowest dose....doesn't make me sleepy...and I'm not shaking all over and slept like a baby ! I'm going to go for my pre-op tomorrow and surgery is Monday !!! I'm back to being myself completely ! I can't remember what sister that reccomend I call my Dr. for nerve medication.... But I LOVE you dearly for making me see that even if I'm not the type to take a nerve pill there are times for the exception to the rule ! I was falling appart and grouchy and boy was I moody ! I kept myself busy cleaning and cooking for a few days but then I burned wayyyyyyy out and hit the bottom. Now I feel like gosh Deb what happend to your strong self ??? Now I can breath, no shaking and have accepted that this is a wise decision to take care of my health. My Dr. said, "you'll feel so much better you'll be hugging my neck when this is all over"!!!
I feel like me again......
I'll be on here posting for anyone's support that needs me and I'll be a ok for my pre-op visit tomorrow !!!!
ssssssss to all you LIW !!
Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Hello

Thanks for your info Deborah, glad you're feeling better. I used to think that needing help was a sign of weakness!!! Not anymore!!!! I think it is a strong person who knows they need some help or guidance, and asks for it! Best of Luck on your preop Deborah!
Sure happy to be able to get some answers to questions on this board.
s
Sandy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register