just going crazy with worries | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just going crazy with worries just going crazy with worries

Unread 04-05-2002, 08:50 PM
just going crazy with worries

Hello there girls. I am a 33 year old who in alittle over two weeks will have a total hyterectomy and then some. My problem is my surgery is really scary. My doctor says that it is going to be a difficult one. My overies are pretty messed up with endrometreosis and I have fibroids on my ovaries and in my uterus. I will soon loose everything. My co workers say I will be okay. I think I will but I am afraid. I will be having my surgery by having another c section. Is there anyone out there who had the same thing? Help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2002, 09:06 PM

Hi dina,
I had similar surgery as you on March 22 - one thing though the doc didn't know that my abdomen was such a mess with endometriosis until he opened me up. I was having the surgery for lots of yucky fibroids. The surgery took over twice as long as he had anticipated. He removed one ovary and managed to scrape off the other one so at least I don't have to go through menopause just yet! (I am 44 though).

I have had a pretty easy recovery so far. Had very little pain that I couldn't handle and was totally off pain meds by day 8. I continually have to remind myself to take it easy as a lot of surgery has gone on inside me.

The waiting was definitely the worst part for me. I can't believe how awful I felt before the surgery - you don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Good luck with your surgery.

Diana
Diana
Unread 04-05-2002, 09:54 PM

My surgery (10 months ago) was also very messy, lots of endo, my uterus was plastered to my colon etc., the Dr. said she was suprised I was even walking around with that mass. My surgery was several hours, the only complication was fluid loss causing my blood pressure to drop when I tried to get up, this was corrected with lots of IV fluid, and I was up and moving (very slowly) the next day.
I cannot tell you how stressed and scared I was ahead of time, the waiting really was the hardest part. Hang in there.
Janmarie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register