I found some humor in the stress....surgery is in 8 more days!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I found some humor in the stress....surgery is in 8 more days!!! I found some humor in the stress....surgery is in 8 more days!!!

Unread 04-06-2002, 11:01 AM
I found some humor in the stress....surgery is in 8 more days!!!

Hi sisters,
It's an emotional time !! Ugh the days counting them down !
Ok here's the funny story...I went to the grocery store the other day and I was looking at the chicken on sale...and my cart had jello,brownies,cereal,and all kinds of other items...well.. this lady I see there all the time was talking to me and I said, "yeah I think I'll get two of these packages of chicken I'm having a hysterectomy party". She looked at me puzzled and said "Really"??? I said "NO.....not really just my own party"...she then asked "well are you having a hysterectomy"? I said "yeah". She said "you sure have a good attitude about it and being humourous !!!! I believed you when you said that I just couldn't figure out why"????? I just smiled and said "hey I have got to spoil myself through this..no one else will "! She laughed and said "good luck honey".....
My thoughts then came back to HysterSisters and I was thankful to have all of you and the inspiration through all this to become a princess and taking a trip to the castle !!!
I have 8 more days to go and I've cried so hard and my poor BF says I'm driving him crazy! That my emotions are so up and down and he'll be glad when I come back to normal !!!
I read on here the sisters whos DH's just don't get it with how we all feel as ladies in waiting.... I guess the best thing ot do is to pamper yourself a bit and if you cook things to put in the freezer for that week it keeps your mind off things.... it's been good therapy !!! I finally got so upset I called my DD for nerve pills at 3 yesterday and SHE HAD LEFT EARLY !!! I had no choice but to cry it out and regroup ! Gosh the wait is the hardest part so far !!!!!!!!
I'll quit rattling here and get busy cleaning ! I'm send out wishes for all of you to feel better !!! I love you all sisters ! Thanks from the bottom of my heart for being here ! It has giving me an outlet and a different outlook on the visit to the castle !!!
Have a good weekend ! It's an up day....well an up few hours can't say day....it hits at the strangest times to cry.....But for now I have peace.....
Love and SSSSSSS
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Great Attitude Girl!

You are so right. You must pamper yourself, even if you have a lot of pampering you need to pamper yourself some too. I have never thought of myself first in my life and so I never really pamper myself. Probably will never but you give me knew hope that your attitude can happen. My DH is one of the ones that took a dim view of my surgery. He has his reasons and believe me when I say don't want anyone to know how self centered he is. Way to go girl. You will do fine. God Bless. Thanks for the up lift.
Unread 04-06-2002, 11:50 AM
KittenCuddles you're soooo SWEET thx !!!

I just took a bath and I'm starting my final period....I just sat there thinking wow my very last one ever... hmmmm
Kitten.....I have an idea for you...start NOW pamper yourself ! You owe it to yourself ! I never have either but I don't think I've ever felt this way.... No one knows I felt like I was pampering myself but my dear sisters here and no one will know but you that you're doing it.... so girl go out and buy yourself some cool flavored jello and some carmel pecan brownies ! I'm cooking all kinds of good stuff for my DS and me and that will be so much easier so when I come home I don't worry that we'll eat ok.
As far as your DH well guys just don't communicate the way us women do....they get all cold and clammed up because they don't know what to say..... besides I know I'm not really myself and my poor BF after and only after I had finally broken down sobbed and expressed my fears did he get a clue of what I was feeling !!!! I'm always so tough acting on the outside.....
So just keep on posting here and vent we'll cry and laugh to each other !
But start pampering yourself ! you deserve it !!!
God Bless you too Kitten and thx
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2002, 11:59 AM

I was so glad to read your posts today! My surgery is Apr. 23rd and I am already making every one crazy in my family! I am so happy to get all this done but sooooooo scared too! The best part is we are all in this together, and we are all so much alike, I totally relate to all of the Sisters here! I really laughed at the humor , it is what gets me through also! I am also taking tons of baths with lots of good smelly stuff just because I know I won't be able to for a while! I have cramps again! But this will be my last period!! I can't wait for that, and I am giving all my friends & Sister all the pads I have stored in the bathroom, what lovely little gifts they will make!!hehe Talk to you all later!
Unread 04-06-2002, 12:11 PM

We are all so much in tune. I also just started the LAST period. and am do at the castle on April 15th. Just know we are all in this together.

soon we will be crowned. Have bought a breakfast tray and a pillow with arms to sit up in bed for later. Pamper yourselves. I just bought a amethyst ring for a special memory to say Good bye to pain.
Unread 04-06-2002, 12:38 PM
TAX DAY HYSTER SISTERS

I too am scheduled for surgery on 4/15 and in the middle of my very last period. :::sigh::: Not that I will miss having my periods, but I harken back to that 13 year old girl who had her very first 37 years ago. How I remember my Mom's comforting hug.

I am finalizing my to do lists... one for the castle and one for home. Today I found my tummy pillow and a very cute and warm Tigger nightshirt.

I am newly in love and my "man" is incredible support. We've discovered the passion a man and woman can share at this age, so needless to say I am feeling a bit sad about not being able to be close to him " in that way ". But as we hold each other we are grateful that I will be healthy and strong and we will have years and years to catch up.

Now where's that list.....

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register