I have a few personal questions after reading... HELP - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a few personal questions after reading... HELP I have a few personal questions after reading... HELP

Unread 04-07-2002, 04:02 AM
Thank you !

It means the world to me to be able to come here and ask questions,cry,joke and just plain let it all out ! I can't believe the support I have gotten form the sisters here ! It's truly amazing !!!! We should have a big convention and be able to hug everybody that has been on here. I feel a connected warm fuzzy feeling of love and compassion I would have NEVER gotten in the real world..... Well I don't get in the real world.......
The outpouring of kindness is beyond words ! I feel blessed to have you all ! S
You are all angels from above !
Thanks from the bottom of my heart sisters
I feel so much more at peace.....
Love,
Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 04:12 AM
Thx Mary Lou !

I just blocked her....duh I should have thought of that sooner ! She just started this yesterday !
I don't know if I will ever want to talk to her again.... there are just some people in life we're better off avoiding..... but I wish her well......
My brain isn't functioning at it's best this week.....
and I can't take my usual herbs because of surgery..... oh well only 7 1/2 more days to count down...
I hope you have a good day Mary Lou !

Deb
Unread 04-07-2002, 04:27 AM
I have a few personal questions after reading... HELP

Hi Deb

You're welcome. If you're typical, this last week you will find yourself on this site everytime you pass by the computer. You're right, the support and love are absolutely incredible. My DH, DS & DD would have had me committed if I'd talked about my upcoming surgery so much with them. They wanted to be on a need to know basis only. Even though every surgery, DR and hosp are different, it helped to read other sisters experiences and really know what to expect.

It is said here constantly: The waiting truly is the hardest part!

You have a good day too Deb!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 04:48 AM
Hello Deborah

I had a TVH With A & P repairs
Frist off I want to give you a big

I am sorry you are going through this and I am glad that you found this site
the sisters here are just wonderfull

It's always amazing how when people mean well, they make things worse!! For some reason, people feel compelled to share stuff like that site with us...and tell us all the horror stories they've heard, about their cousin's husband's grandmother's twin who grew another arm after her hyst, etc. etc. etc.

I coped the above from someoneeleses reply to your post

when I read the above refence to some people meaning well
it reminded me of a game we played in school

the game goes like this
the teacher would start at the back of the room and wisper something in a kids ear then that kid would wisper the same thing in the next kids ear and so on and so on till it would get to the front of the class then the teacher would have the last kid
write on the black board what was wispered in their ear and the teacher would write on the black board what she wispered in the first kids ear then the class would see just how much the info was changed from kid to kid

well in my opinnon that is how things get changed from person to person who has Not been through this

so hon I would not listen to anyone except my dr. my body ,and other sisters that have been through this you know what your body is telling you so there for you can make your own decison

I am just alittle over two weeks post op
and so far I have not had any problems
and as far the sex well I think that is going to be just fine as I still want to and I had a wet dream so to speak
no hubby was not here at the time

I still have my overies but I don't have my cervix
just after my surgery I think I was having some menopausal symptons but not sure cause it was so slight like I would wake up in the night and would be sweating
not alot just like I would if I was sitting in the sun in about 90 degrees could have been just to meany covers on the bed and hubby trying to cuddle with me but now I don't even do that

as for pain I am off all pain meds have been since the middle of last week

I am still spotting though
not much

I eat anything I want to
I have not had a problem having a BM

the wating was the worst part of having my surgery done
I did not have bad monthlys
I did not have any pain
I did not suffer any with my monthly my monthly was only three day from start to finshes
I am 42 years old
I had mine to prevent a mild prolase from getting worse
and to be honest with you I am glad I did it
I hope you can say the same
well I am going to go back to sleep now
hugs to you from Ladypeewee
Unread 04-07-2002, 04:50 AM
Oh I'm living on here !

The support is wonderful ! and any question or worry is quickly answered !!! I can't ask for more support it's truly a God send !

Deb ( Princess to be)
Unread 04-07-2002, 04:57 AM
Thank You Ladypeewee !

Rest well and thanks for the info it makes me feel more at ease w/ all my questions ..... It's such an up and down time waiting and counting the days down. I'm just glad it's not a month away since I found out it was going ot be done !!! I hope you continue to do well !!!!!!!!
ssssssss
Deborah
Unread 04-07-2002, 05:10 AM

to be honest with you I don't even feel like I had anything done
that's how good I feel
hugs ladypeewee
email me anytime or ad me to your buddy list
Unread 04-07-2002, 05:56 AM
I've Been There

Hey, Deborah!

We can now truly say, "Our surgery is ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!" Makes it sound more official, doesn't it?

As for the other site you were referred to, I was there for 10 minutes and realized they were full of bologna! Talk about end of the world fanatic? They have them beat! Never been back.

Mlweeman, I have been living on this site for two weeks now, ever since I discovered it. It's hardest at work. I try to limit myself there, but......................................

Don't forget, we have 16 or 17 April 15th-ers! The castle will be crowded. Just think of all the post-op messages we will generate! I'm in the midst of my last period. Not as heavy as usual. But that could be because of the D&C I had just after the one before this.

I'm excited this morning, but who knows how I will be this afternoon.

If my hubby lets me, I'm going to make him plop me down at the computer as soon as I walk in the door, so I can let everyone know I'm back!

Debbie
Unread 04-07-2002, 06:12 AM

Welcome Deb! I too had complex hyperplasia and was given the option of the biopsy route; I just didn't think I could live a good life knowing that any time those cells could convert to cancer, and then would have to have a hyst anyway. I had a TVH-BSO in January; the best thing I ever did for myself. I had absolutely no discharge after surgery, never even wore a panty liner! The lubrication thing is getting better, just seemed to be reduced at first, but no big deal. I was put on a patch immediately post op, and then used a patch for a couple of months and switched to a pill after that. The patch worked great from the hormone standpoint, just couldn't stand wearing it!

The waiting is the worst part......but work through it, life is better on the other side! Best of luck to you and keep only those positive thoughts!

Unread 04-07-2002, 06:39 AM
Thanks Gee for the info ;-)

I understand sorta about the patch....my Dr. said it runs out by about the 5th day and is supposed to last 7....I'm keeping my ovaries....but I think I may just ask if maybe HRT would work for a couple weeks to avoid the meonpausal symptoms until the ovaries come out of shock........??? I have no idea????? I'll ask my Dr.
Glad to hear that you feel better !
ssssss
Deborah

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register