Oh the pain!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Oh the pain!!! Oh the pain!!!

Unread 04-06-2002, 06:14 PM
Oh the pain!!!

Do you ever feel like pain has become such a big part of your life and you don't even remember what life was like without it? I can't even remember...that's because I took it for granted. I have pain all the time and most of the time I have to try to pretend that I'm okay because nobody understands and no one wants to talk about my female organs!

I feel like if I tell anyone about my pain, I have to explain what is going on with me because they can't SEE what's causing my pain and then they don't believe that it could possibly be so bad. Either that or they have their own diagnosis for me.

It's such a lonely place to be :cry:

When I decided to have my hysterectomy, it was in January. But I knew I would have to wait until June because of work. Well, the last three months have been torture! It is getting easier as time passes and now I am just getting so anxious for the day to come. Actually, I'm just getting anxious for my doctor to call me with the date!

I have been under lots of stress other than the surgery. Three out of four of my kids have been diagnosed with asthma and it has been a nightmare! We end up at the ER every few months for one of them, they are always on steroids, which I hate. It seems like someone is always having breathing problems. My daughter has to see a cardiologist next week for a possible heart problem. I can't imagine how I would deal with that if she really does have a heart problem...she's only 2

I guess I need a shoulder to cry on right now. There's too many stressful thing going on in my life right now. I just want the hysterectomy past me so I can deal with everything else.

Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Go ahead and cry!!

Hi Sweetie!!
Lucky for you, I wore my shoulder pads today, so cry all you want!! Sometimes that's the only thing left to do, and once you do that, it feels a little better!

I'm so sorry to hear about all your family problems. I can relate, just on a much smaller scale!! My two youngest have respiratory problems(for the last four years), and to top it all off, my youngest was diagnosed with a seizure disorder and is currently taking Tegretol (she's been on it for a year with wonderful results).

I know that it seems like a lot right now, and it is, but remember...God doesn't give us more than we can handle. It feels like sometimes he is really pushing us, but he will always take care of us!!!!

If you ever need to talk to someone again, this is the palce!! I've been doing a lot of reading and waiting. I have 2 months to go before my tah/bso.

Take care, give yourself some hugs, and remember we are all here for you any time!!!
Unread 04-06-2002, 07:01 PM
Oh the pain!!!

Thank you so much! It means so much to me to know that there are understanding people just like you out there! Thank you, thank you, thank you I just wanted to cry reading your reply because it felt so good to have someone understand and be sympathetic and to give me the okay to cry. I think sometimes I need that. I'm sure you can tell I'm a little emotional right now.

's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2002, 07:11 PM
Understanding your feelings

I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same boat as you, but a little different. I have lived with my pain since I was sixteen and I am now twenty four. I will be having a hysterectomy on April 19th. Myself and my three year old son have severe asthma. We both have a nebulizar and have to use it four times a day. I am on three steroids, plus two other medications for my asthma. My three year old son was born two months early and has several complications, due to his early birth. One of the complications is asthma. He is on five medications, plus using a nebulizar four times a day. Trust me........I know how difficult it is to feel so badly, and have your children sick. There are days that I don't think I can ever get out of bed b/c I hurt so bad, but then you realize that you have to. You have to take care of your children's needs. I wrote this to you hoping that it will encourage you. Letting you know that your not alone. If you ever need someone to talk with, please email me. My son has been in and out of the hospital since he was born and I know how tiresome that can be. Always remember to keep your head up and pray to the Lord for strength and assurance. If you will do these things I promise you can make it through anything. We Have and we still have a lot to go through and I know that we will make it. Good Luck and Rich Blessings!!
Unread 04-06-2002, 08:17 PM
Oh the pain!!!

Hang in there! I will not say that I know how you feel because everyone's pain tolerance is different, but I can relate. It is very discouraging trying to stay positive when your life is dictated by pain. I also discovered that I would need surgery in January and because of work am waiting until July for my TAH, it does cause a lot of anxiety having to wait that long. I use each menstrual cycle as a "countdown" to surgery...like I now only have 4 more to go!...wooohooo!!

I can identify with you feeling the need to explain your pain. You're right, others don't understand and that is, I believe, because they can't see it. Heck, it's hard for us to even understand! I sought some advice from a therapist who has helped me try to accept my condition and pain. One way I have done that is to journal, which has helped immensely (in addition to having supportive reading like this website!). I also began a list of what my endometriosis has cost me on one side of the page and on the other side have begun to list what I can reclaim. That has been very empowering.

Hang in there! I hope it helps to know that many of us are thinking good thoughts for you.

Keep on, keepin' on!! Only a few more months to go!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register