Not feeling so well today | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not feeling so well today Not feeling so well today

Unread 04-07-2002, 06:18 AM
Not feeling so well today

Hi sister's I haven't been feeling to good today, I feel feverish and just mostly drained of all my energy, I have a uterine infection, could that be making me feel this way? I am taking antibiotics. but I still hurt like crazy in the bottom of my stomach. and I have one more question, I have a fibroid tumor on the back of my uterus, I have heard they can grow, what I want to know is how long does it nomally take one to grow? I am not sure how long mine has been there. I know I ask alot of questions, lol but I am just worried about it that is all.
Have a good day and 's to you all.
Love,
Misty †
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 06:31 AM

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Sometimes antibiotics take a few days to take hold and do their job. Uterine infections are not very common, is it a urinary infection? If it is a uterine infection, they take longer to respond to antibiotics. Usually fibroids grow at a slow rate, however there are exceptions to that. If you are having stomach pains, are you taking your antibiotic as prescribed, with food perhaps? Some antibiotics work better when taken with food and that should be indicated on your bottle. I know that I have a sensitive stomach and have to be careful of medications as they irritate the stomach lining. Keep posting, there are never too many questions! We are here to support you.
Unread 04-07-2002, 06:40 AM

Misty,

s to you. Gee's suggestion to take your antibiotics with food is a good one. Some antibiotics are also hard on your stomach. ALL antibiotics upset my stomach. Another thing that might help is taking acidophilus tablets/pills (same ingredient that's in yogurt). I take them regularly anyway to maintain digestive balance and prevent yeast infections, but I really need them when I take antibiotics. They are in the pharmacy where the vitamins and supplements are. Take your antibiotic and acidophilus at the same time with food. Hope this routine works for you. Sorry, but I don't know anything about fibroids. Hang in there and best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 06:44 AM
Hi Gee

Yes I am sure it is a Uterine infection , I have had them before and that is what my doctor told me it was when I went last week, I am on antibiotics , and no i dont think the pain inmy stomach is from the meds. It is a pain i have had before but it is stabbing , knife like pain, I have had uterine infections alot in the past few years. It is very uncomfortable. I have also had a urinary tract infection and this pain is totally different.
Thanks for the responce I appreciate all the support.
Love,
Misty†
Unread 04-07-2002, 06:47 AM
Check With Doctor Before Taking Anything!

Hi there Misty and sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Before you go and take anything other than what doc has prescribed for you, make sure and check with him.. especially since your castle date is approaching. Not a good idea to take anything that might possibly interact with other meds and or cause your surgery to be postponed, (such as acidophilus tablets/pills). Best wishes and hope you get feeling better.

Unread 04-07-2002, 08:00 AM

Amy,

That's an excellent suggestion. They can tell you if acidophilus would be a problem and hopefully give you other suggestions or change your meds. (I cleared everything with my doctor before surgery and acidophilus was not an issue.) Let us know how you make out. s
Unread 04-07-2002, 08:02 AM

Whoops, brain fog there,

Amy, I was responding to your post first and then Misty the rest was for you. Sorry.
Unread 04-07-2002, 09:26 AM

Hi Misty,
Unread 04-09-2002, 10:11 AM

Dear living,
I am so sorry that you are hurting. Not easy being sick and tired.
I am hoping you are feeling better today.
As for the Fibroids they tend to grow at different rates. Sometimes slower sometimes faster. It depends upon your homone level too. Especially since Fibroids tend to grow faster when a lot of estrogen is present.

I had surgery 18 years ago to remove a number of large Fibroids. But they had to leave a little cluster in since taking it out would have meant having a hysterectomy at 21.

Most women don't know they have them until they become symptomatic. Some women have them for years without any problems while other women have them for a short time and cause all kinds of problems. They say its rare for people under thirty to have them. I broke that myth in 1984 when I was just 20 and had a number of them in different stages of development. Most common in women over 40.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register