Feeling very nervous!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling very nervous!!! Feeling very nervous!!!

Unread 04-07-2002, 09:52 AM
Feeling very nervous!!!

Hi Everyone,
I am new here and so far I like what I see and read. I am having surgery in a little over 2 weeks and now getting scared. The last time I had a laparoscopy for my endo it didn't go too well. Seems that my lungs had collapsed during surgery and was filling up with liquid. My blood pressure was really low and was on bedrest while in hospital. They released me 2 days later even though I complaining of shortness of breath and my blood pressure was still low!!

The worst was when I went home and was getting weaker and weaker and having a hard time breathing. Had to go back to the Hospital and that is when they discovered the liqiud in my lungs. I had to have a high level of oxygen and was on complete bed rest. They said that I was just a few hours from death and I would have possibly drowned in my own lungs. That opened my eyes for real.

Well now I am afraid that its going to happen again since I am having a vaginal hysterectomy w/ lap. I know in my head that it can't possibily happen again and that the doctor who is doing this surgery is quite aware of what happened to me, but still in the back of my mind its there. I was so close to death that any surgery scares me now. I want pain relief, but at what cost.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 10:01 AM
Feeling very nervous!!!

Nerves play a big role in all of this. As you will read on this site, it seems the worst part of all this is the waiting. Have you had a long talk with the doctor as to what caused the problems? Is this the same doctor from your first surgery? Having the doctor know your history is an advantage. Being aware of what has happened enables him to be prepared.

Keep in touch. I have found this site to be very calming and provided me with alot of questions for my doc.

Unread 04-07-2002, 10:15 AM
Feeling very nervous!!!

Hi Lee Ann,
I just wanted to wish you all the best with your upcoming surgery. So sorry to hear about your past experience with surgery. I do not know if you do or not, but if you smoke, this may have been the problem. It would be a good idea to quit now if you do. I smoked, for 32 years and after researching this surgery, many suggest that we quit beforehand. So I did. I bought the patch and have not smoked since 3/15. My surgery is 4/22
Anyway, the best of luck to you!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register