I don't want to speak to anyone else! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't want to speak to anyone else! I don't want to speak to anyone else!

Unread 04-07-2002, 11:37 AM
I don't want to speak to anyone else!

Ok, I just need to vent!!!!! If I hear one more time, one of these phrases, I think I am going to SCREAM!:explode:

"Oh don't worry, no one has ever died from this"
"You are being such a baby, think of it as a vacation"
"Why are you so worried, it'll all work out"
"Have faith, things will fall into place"
"Why do you need someone there with you, aren't you going to a hospital that has nurses"
etc, etc, etc.

Anyone else out there feeling like me!!!!!

I know everything will be fine, BUT I do have to plan ahead some things. Don't you?!

Anyway, sorry but I feel I'm not going to talk to anybody until after April 15th (surgery date) so I won't have to hear all this.

Thanks for letting me vent, this is a wonderful place!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 11:56 AM
oh yes me tooooooooooo

I wish I could crawl under a rock until the 15th !!!
I seem to have a couple of friends that tell me they're depressed and they're this and that ! Oh and the men forget about compassion they think only with logic ! Not with their hearts....it's not in them....the old mars and venus shows through.
Well I say, "after you've had a hysterectomy then you can tell me all about it" !!!
Until all this is over I know of atleast 3 people I'm avoiding at all costs !!!
But don't rule out the supportive ones to talk to ! We'll all be here for you !!! with love and s galore !!!
LIW same day as yours !!!
Deborah
Unread 04-07-2002, 12:03 PM

Omg, yes i have heard all them also. I am so tired of it. You can vent to me all you want. I will listen. You need to vent. My surgery is april 9th. Just take care of yourself until then, and keep us posted here on this great site, we are here for you.

God Bless
Jen aka crazypepsi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 12:06 PM

Hi,
I really didn't like hearing those phrases either. No it is not a vacation, had my surgery 3-4-02. Recovery is work. I am doing very good. Haven't felt so good for a long time.

Having a Hysterectomy, for me anyway, was a big deal. I didn't want to go through it. I lost an ovary in an emergency op 12 years ago. Recovery was long and hard. I dreaded the hysterectomy. Got to the point I had no choice, Iwas in pain 24/7 from Endometriosis and anemic. I felt so much better even right after surgery. Recovery has been real good so far. 5 weeks post tomorrow. I am babying myself alot.

OMG, hysterectomy was such an emotional roller coaster. But I survived. It wasn't an easy thing for me to face. I think many other women will say the same thing.

Good luck with your surgery.

Angl
Unread 04-07-2002, 12:36 PM

Hi, Cypress,

I'm another April 15th-er. Believe me, I can't wait until the waiting is over. We're one week from tomorrow! Monday, we can say one week from today. After that, it's less than a week!

How about this for things you don't want to hear? My pastor's biggest concern was if I was going to be able to play the piano on the 14th!!!!

Told him I'd think about it, that I'm day-to-day. (Actually, I will be there on Sunday.) He could have at least said he was praying for me before he asked!

lol, all men are the SAME! *punch*

Debbie
Unread 04-07-2002, 01:38 PM
Glad to hear from everyone

Oh ladies it is so nice to hear from you saying the same thing.

I think I am even going into hibernation this week. I know I'll get through I just hope I don't offend too many friends along the way.

And get this, I can't even believe I'm thinking this but I have a HUGE support family at our church, I know I am lucky, but I am panicking because they ALL want to be there before, during and right after surgery. Problem is, I am a very private person, it's even hard for me to think the nurses are going to see me without panties on. So I've laid a big burden on my husband....Keep them out while they are moving me from bed to bed, looking under the covers, getting me up to go to the bathroom, etc. etc.

I know it is going to be hard, how do you think I should handle this? Without offending dear friends?
Unread 04-07-2002, 01:53 PM
Hi Paula

Saw your post and wanted to offer my two cents, for what it's worth!!

I've been telling /asking my friends to wait to come for a visit until I'm home. My reason to them is that I will be so out of it from pain meds that I doubt I will even realize that they are there, and woudn't want to offend them by ignoring them!

So far, it seems to be working and I will only have to have my dh there with me. Believe it or not, I used this on my own mother and have convinced her that I would rather she come down to help when I'm at about 3-4 weeks, which will be when dh goes back to work, and my kids come home from their aunts.

Hope you find something that will work for you to keep the visitors down to a comfortable number for you!!!
Unread 04-07-2002, 02:05 PM

Paula, I suggest you thank your friends for wanting to be there and tell them how much you appreciate their show of support -- but that you would actually prefer they show their support by thinking positive surgery thoughts for you on the day of surgery and visiting you at home afterwards, and maybe cooking you a few meals. That will give them something positive to do on your behalf, but leave you your privacy.

You could also explain to them that you'd be embarrassed to have them see you in hospital robes, and that you really need to be as comfortable as possible, mentally and physically -- nothing on them, just that you're a private person and it would mean so much to you if they could understand. I find appealing to people's compassion and expressing something as a weakness of mine helps people understand and accept my requests.

Good luck!

Melissa
Unread 04-07-2002, 02:21 PM

Melissa,

Thanks for your thoughts, I have considered doing that but thought it might offend some people. I have considered just bearing with it for a few days. I don't know, it is all so confusing now.
Unread 04-07-2002, 02:45 PM
-----feel the same--

I am having my surgey on May 1st.
I am trying to do the spring cleaning and gets things in order for the rest of the family--I do everything here!!!
I also have a few friends that keep saying " I will be soooo jealous--you will not have a period any more"
They have no idea how I feel . YES I will not have a period any more --but I am having parts of me removed that are related to being a woman.

I am hearing "oh you be fine in 2 weeks, you will forget all about it"Do they not realize that this is MAJOR surgery and it does take time to recover?
On the other hand all these people say "oh you must take it easy do not over do it"

I am so with what they think.
All I know I am ready to have this and I hope they all stop saying silly things and just support me!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register