I don't want to speak to anyone else! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't want to speak to anyone else! I don't want to speak to anyone else!

Unread 04-07-2002, 03:07 PM
I don't want to speak to anyone else!

I know too well how you feel. I have decided not to tell the people I work with that I'm having this done. I already have the last 2 weeks of June off and the very first week of August off, so I just told them I'm taking July off to be with my family. No questions asked. They said okay. I told them I'd be back in August. Now I have to just hope that I'm able to get scheduled as soon as possible in June so the timing all works out. My doctor said I'd be one of the first to get scheduled, so I should be okay.

Anyway, I think I've heard it all. I've been told by people that I need to try other things first. I get irritated with that one, because I HAVE tried other things first. People have told me to try another doctor just because this one suggested a hysterectomy. I like my doctor, he is totally dedicated, he is VERY good, he's done 2 other surgery's on me and I trust him. Hysterectomy is my decision, it's not something I have to have done, I'm doing it so I can live a better life.

A friend of mine who knows I have had a hard time dealing with the fact that I will never have another child, told me "oh come on, you're not going to have anymore kids, just have the surgery" I was hurt by that. What an insensitve thing to say. I then went on to tell her that that wasn't the only reason why I had a hard time deciding whether or not to have the surgery, the biggest reason was that at 30 years old, I did not want to go into surgical menopause. She had absolutely no idea that that's what happens when you get your ovaries taken out. That just goes to show you that people that make these comments are very naive about this subject. So I try not to let the comments bother me. I also have chosen to not talk to alot of people about it. I have a couple close friends and my hubby that I can talk about it with and that's it. Other than that I just keep quiet about it. That's why I love this site so much...because everyone here understands. I don't know what I'd do with out everyone here.

Hang in there and just know that we are all here for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Other phrases I hate too!

How about this: my very best friend (a guy) told me the other day that I was getting too worked up about this, that it wasn't like it was major surgery or anything. Boy, did I set his record straight!!!!!!! Then when I mentioned some of the stuff I would need to get me through my recovery, he said I was getting old and turning into his mom, who died of cancer a few years ago and had to have all kinds of medical equipment and stuff. I threw my shoes at him. (That'll teach him to mess with a HysterSister!!!)

Oh, and I've figured out why we "obsess" so about this surgery. (I'm driving my friends, coworkers, and family nuts.) It's because we have too much time to obsess about it. Most other surgeries are done on an emergency basis, so there's no real time to think or plan for them. Our surgeries are scheduled weeks and months in advance, which give us too much time to think and plan.
Unread 04-07-2002, 04:11 PM

Wow, I really thought i was the only "baby" out there about all this stuff. I have to admit this is the greatest site I have ever come across in my life!

I am 32 yrs old, have had all my children (triplets and a single) so like Pasdechat mentioned, people have said oh well, you're not going to have anymore children, go have it done. Well my hyster is not just something I decided hummmm, I think I'll go have major surgery and wreck my family's stable lifestyle for 6 weeks! Mine is because of problems and so my doctor suggested it. Like ya'll I've heard did you have a second opinion, my gosh, do I look that stupid that I would JUST go have this done to be on vacation!!!!!

Anyway I have decided to become the BEAR that I have sometimes been accused of and go into hibernation for the next week. So looks like I'll have to rely on my God-given gift of the Hyster Sisters to get me through this....

My love to each of you that are out there.

I can't say thanks enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 04:24 PM

You might want to tell friends and family to wait to visit till you are home I told my family but they came anyway but I slept thru most of their visits . When I got home i felt so much better -company was nice.
Paula

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register