A Personal Observation | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A Personal Observation A Personal Observation

Unread 04-07-2002, 05:23 PM
A Personal Observation

Hi Everyone,

As I was taking a shower tonight and thinking about hyst in a couple days, it occurred to me that a differt perspective about this might help my recovery. I keep reading about swelly belly and how life has gotten so much better since hyst. As I was rubbing my belly, it reminded me that two of the three times I have ever been in the castle was for childbirth; the other was to have my tonsils out when I was a teenager. I thought how much my life has changed since I had my children and how much my life is going change now. I also was reminded that it took 9 months to have my children; now it may take the same to have a life with no more pain from periods every month. My youngest child is almost grown now and my dh and I have been making plans for when she is out of school. I decided to view having the hyst is the same as making a life choice that can only improve my life just as deciding to have my children brought me the greatest happiness one could hope for. I am praying for a speedy and complete recovery. My dh has been wonderfully supportive and I am looking forward to sharing a lot of happy years with him when I am no longer in pain and anemic.

I can only hope and pray the same for all of you. Thank you for your support when I have needed it the most.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 06:03 PM
A Personal Observation

{{{JUDY}}}

Thanks for sharing this great perspective. It's so easy and normal to get hung up on the surgery and recovery, because it's frightening stuff. But we do forget that there's a whole life stretching ahead, free of pain, bleeding, and symptoms!

I have found this to be one of the best times of my life. I'm healthier than I have been in years, able to be a full participant in my life rather than a sidelined observer. I feel younger, stronger, more fit, sexier, and better now. It's a new phase, for sure, but so far it's a BETTER one!

Kind of like all those young people who get really hung up on planning and thinking about a wedding, and forget there's a whole marriage to look forward to!

You will do GREAT....thanks for the wonderful thoughts, and for sharing them with us!

Karen
Unread 04-07-2002, 07:44 PM
A Personal Observation

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your thoughts. I am trying very hard to think of all the positives as well and I believe that has helped me so much. Your words really touched me.

I'll be praying for you on Tuesday! My surgery is in the P.M. I'll find out tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 08:02 PM
My reply to personal observation

My surgery is April 9th... and I've been thinking of the same thoughts as to having had my two children years ago. I understand how God created the female body to reproduce life but at this time because of health reasons I must proceed with this surgery.
I just thank God for being able to bring forth his creations through me.
I know God will see you and I through this procedure.
It's just "A Case for Faith".
My surgery is 9:30 AM Tuesday morning.. God knows and cares for you and I. "A Case for Faith"
Unread 04-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Empty nest for hyster sisters

I read your post with much interest. I am scheduled for TAH on 5/14. My oldest child (my DD) is finishing her first year of college. My youngest (my DS) is finishing his junior year of high school. They, along with DH, have been so supportive but I know have thought I am a lazy hypochondriac. I have so many illnesses this year. Started off with being in NYC on 9/11 with my daughter who got pneumonia first week of college. :usflag: What an experience. I proceeded to have several other stressful situations going on around me during the fall (like 9/11 was not enough!) First of January, I had shingles! Then horrible sinus infection and guess what - now I am having a hysterectomy. Even through this, I am looking forward to getting better and feeling good and getting on with my life. Now that the kids are almost all gone, I am looking forward to new adventures in life. I had been so worried that I was going to feel like this forever. Now I see a ray of sunshine. Good luck to you and keep us posted. You will be in our prayers!!
Unread 04-08-2002, 04:29 AM
Reflecting

It is interesting to me how much reflecting one does when they are about to embark on a new phase in their lives.

I too am having my surgery tomorrow (4/9) and will be (what I consider to be) starting a new chapter in my life.

I have been reflecting on my days of bearing my children and now, my children are having children. My days of being a 'breeder' (lol) are over. Feeling very meloncholy and sad, but trying to stay positive.

I believe that God has new things in store for me and I will face this path that I am about to walk down with my eyes wide open.

I wish all of those who are having their surgeries today the best and a speedy recovery. For those of us going to the Castle tomorrow, you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Those that are facing their surgeries in the days that follow, let me say now that I will be thinking of all of you too and praying for everyone's well being and speedy recoveries for all!

I : this new chapter in my life and hope that you all do the same!

God Bless you all!

Noel
Unread 04-08-2002, 04:48 AM
A Personal Observation

Judy -

You said it all -- there's a tear going down my cheek right now!
Unread 04-08-2002, 04:56 AM
A Personal Observation

Ladies,

I am convinced that going into this surgery with a positive frame of mind really helps - and it sounds as if you are all being really positive!

I pretty much sailed through my op and, so far, the recovery period too. I pray that you will do the same!

For those of you who believe in God and pray, have you seen the pre-surgery prayer under the weekly list of surgeries on the Prayer Request board? I thought it was a really lovely prayer and said it every day in the week leading up to my op.

For those who are interested, here it is:-

Loving God,
I commit _________ with perfect trust into your hands.
Watch over and protect her in her time of weakness.
Grant that as she becomes unconscious to earthly things,
her thoughts may be turned to you.
Bless and guide the hands and minds of her surgeons,
that through them your healing power may restore her
to good health and strength.
Bless the nurses and all those who will care for her
as she return to consciousness.
Surround her relatives and friends with your peace
as they wait for her recovery.
And Lord, grant her the strength sufficient
for whatever she may face. Amen.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register