what about my age?? only 25 - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what about my age?? only 25 what about my age?? only 25

Unread 04-08-2002, 10:22 AM
I'm 26

Hi! I'm 26 and have suffered from endo for almost 10 years. I'm having my hyst on Wed. I also have 2 children, so it's okay with me that I'm getting the hyst. I have your concerns though, too. Will I get old really fast? Will I feel like less of a woman? What about my children? Will I be able to keep up with them? (Ages 3 and 10 mos) And my husband is in the military and deploys 9 days after my surgery, so he won't be there to help, either. My sister-in-law is coming to get them until I heal physically, but how long does it take emotionally? All I can tell you is Thank God I found this website. I've only been posting today, and everyone is so positive, helpful, encouraging. It's great to have a support group. I would love to be your support, too. Please email me at jenniferormond@hotmail if you have any questions. I'm going to post here after my operation to let everyone know how it went, and I'll let you know how I feel as I go along. Best wishes!

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 12:50 PM

Mariesa, I'm 35 and had my hyst almost 4 weeks ago. I'm doing really well. I know it was the right choice for me.

Waiting is incredibly difficult. It sounds like you know this is what you want, and that's great.

My doc has been telling me that once I'm back to normal, I might wish I'd had this surgery 10 years ago. Just imagine what a headstart you're getting on the rest of us for a pain-free life! I sorta wish I'd had the gumption to do this 10 years ago. Or 20.

Hang in there. You're already doing the hardest thing, waiting. After that, surgery is practically a relief. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Melissa
Unread 04-08-2002, 01:25 PM
what about my age?? only 25

Hi mariesa,
I don't know anything about the hormone issue but I sent you a very detailed private message on how I managed 24 hours alone with the kids once my hubby went back to work at my 3 weeks post op. He's a firefighter also. Remember even if you feel really good after surgery you have to take it easy and not overdo it. No lifting till at least 6 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 02:37 PM
what about my age?? only 25

Hi Mariesa,
I know what you're going through. I am 19 and am having a hyst May 2 for severe endometriosis. I can tell you that the waiting is the worst thing that I have to deal with. I hope that everything goes well with your surgery and you have a great and speedy recovery. Since I haven't had my surgery yet, I can't give you any tips or info, but if you want to vent or talk, I will listen. Pain free wishes to you always.

Candida
Unread 04-09-2002, 12:04 AM
WOW.. Thanks so much

What a blessing to have such an overwhelming and positive response to my original posting. I can't tell you all enough what a blessing it has been to read all of your messages.

It sounds as though other than all having the common experience of needing a hyserectomy, many other things tie one or another of us together. I am amazed at what a small world it is and how much I have in common with many of you.

One a firefighters wife, some with small children, another having surgery the same day, some also with endo, and all know what it means to be in pain.

It truly amazes me.

What a wonderful thing the internet is, that me sitting here in the comfort of my own home can be reached out to by caring, strong, intelligent women who take the time out of their busy lives to share experiences, fears, knowledge, and happy endings.

My only regret is that I had not stumbled accross this site sooner. With less than 30 hours to go till surgery I wish I had days and days to respond personally and thank each and every one of you, but since I cannot please know that posting a message and getting such a wonderful response was truly a godsend...

I'll be sure to get back online as soon as I can and let you all know how everything went!!

Mariesa
Unread 04-09-2002, 12:26 AM
Hi ;-) Mariesa

We're both up late !!! I'm not your age but for 10 years I have suffered !!! My Dr. said, when this is over you're going to feel like a new person and you'll be giving me a great big hug" !!! Although I've been stressed working out all the details of transportation and such....I'm looking sooo forward to not hurting anymore every month !!!!
It sounds like you have a nice little family that needs a healthy and happy Mom and wife.
I just wanted to send you a GREAt BIG
Take care and good luck soon to be Princess you're almost there !!!!!!
God Bless ,
Deborah

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register