I am new here, need lots of info, really scared! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am new here, need lots of info, really scared! I am new here, need lots of info, really scared!

Unread 04-07-2002, 08:30 PM
I am new here, need lots of info, really scared!

Hello! I am new here. Actually I just found this web site a few hours ago. I am schelduled for a hyst on April 12 and I am scared to death. I had a lap done 3 yrs ago and was found to have endo. I seemed to help a couple of months then started getting worse again. I have severe and heavy bleeding, pain in my legs, back and hips that sometimes keeps my in bed, I bleed sometimes for 14-20 days a mth. I was put on b/c pills for awhile but it really didn't help much. I have migraines and they got so bad my family physican took me off of them because I was on the verge of a stroke. That worries me with the hyst because they are taking my ovaires and I wonder how i will do with the hormone therapy. A couple of months ago I ended up in the ER with severe pain. I couldn't breathe, talk, walk nothing. I had had a cyst on my ovarie and it had burst. (i didn't know i had one). when they did the ultrasound they also found out my uterus was greatly enlarged and so was one of my ovaries.... I was in the process of switching docs because after my family doc took me off the b/c pills the ob i was seeing said there was nothing else he could do. the doc the hospital was conversing with while i was in the er was who i made my follow up with. I take paxil for anxiety also....anyone know how that will effect the outcome???? I am just very worried.....If anyone has some advice, info I would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 08:55 PM

Hello Lavish!
Your story is very similar to mine. I have surgery tomorrow afternoon. ( scared to death!) I have endo too, chronic pain with periods my whole life, heavy bleeding for the past year, been on bcps to try to surpress me but that doesn't work at all, lasts 14-18 days at any given time, had a lap 4 yrs ago ( stage 3/4 endo) and can't stand it anymore! I take meds for irritability myself.

I am having both ovaries out because I don't think it would be wise to keep them even if they are considered fine. The Dr is ok with that but of course thinks I should keep them if they are not endo ridden. He wants me to start HRT right away and again, I don't think that is wise at all from what I've read. So many say that it's better to wait for a few months to start the hormones so as to let the remaining endo that they never get kind of subside. Makes sense to me. I guess I wait and see. Super good luck to you! Just wanted you to know you're not alone! KimAZ
Unread 04-07-2002, 09:05 PM

thanks for the reply. its nice to know i'm not alone...good luck with your surgery. i will keep you in my prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 01:17 AM

Just posting to give big s to both of you. As hard as it is to believe when you're waiting, the waiting really IS the worst part of all this!

I'm sure you will both do great with your surgeries and recoveries, and you will both be very beautiful princesses indeed.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register