Surg on April 9th - Am I ready?? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surg on April 9th - Am I ready?? Surg on April 9th - Am I ready??

Unread 04-07-2002, 09:21 PM
Surg on April 9th - Am I ready??

Hi Everyone,

Well I think I'm as organized as one can be. I have set up a command central area in the living room! Lazyboy recliner, sofa, TV, VCR, Radio/CD, Books from the library, audio books (in case the pain killers make it hard to read), and Phone. Pillow for my stomach in case the cats decide to suddenly jump up and pay me a visit. What am I missing???

Cleaned like a nut this weekend and cooked enough meals ahead for two weeks. Hubby doesn't have a clue about how much care I will require. I hired a young lady to come in and clean, figured I would rest easier without dirt and disorder in the house, besides I will need some help planting my annuals this spring.

Anyhow, all this obsessive/compulsive activity has been a good energy outlet for my stress and anxiety -- and I have a really clean house!!

So now all I have to do is relax - yeah right!! Thanks for all of your support.

Lynxpoint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2002, 10:23 PM
Hi Lynxpoint

I think you are definitely ready. Sounds like you have done a super job for you and DH.
I hope you have a pleasant and calm Monday. Soon a you will be.
We're here waiting and look forward to your post when you are back from the castle and rested up.
Unread 04-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Are you ready???

You sound pretty darn ready to me. I too have my surgery on April 9th, and I too cleaned my "recovery area" and have it all set up for the "long stay". A few things to do tomorrow, then I am done.

You seemed so organized that I am jealous. I only organized my 'area', I will let the kids and husband take care of the rest. Don't get me wrong, the kids get paid for keeping the house in order (because I work long hours), so that is one less thing to worry about.

In my 'recovery area', I will even be equipped with a two-way radio as will the family down-stairs (incase I need them).

Are you ready? Mentally? I wasn't doing too well last week, but now I am as ready as I think I can be.

Good luck to you on your surgery and recovery!

Sincerely,

Noël
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 04:28 AM
Girls

I am so glad for you that your wait is almost over.....have a calm Monday and try to get some sleep tonight.....God Bless you both on your trips to the Castle. May God guide the surgeons hands and may He speed your recovery.

Hugs
Cindy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register