surgery date..........nervous!!! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery date..........nervous!!! surgery date..........nervous!!!

Unread 04-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Nervous

Hi nan1044,
I truly understand being nervous. I know I am. I am having surgery a week after you. If your scared about any part of the procedure and the followup care then call your doctor and tell him/her that you are nervous and ask what you can expect. Write down any questions and concerns that you have before hand so you won't forget anything.
Being scared is a part of any surgery really, but when it involves the female body it can be scarrier. Coming here to talk was the best thing for you. getting it out on paper or computer can actually be calming because you are giving it to someone else.
Sending you karmic energy to calm you. Take care and know that I am here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 11:11 AM
surgery date..........nervous!!!

Thanks for all the support gals....... what would I do without you all!!!!!! I am starting to feel a little better now and can not wait until it is over. I am getting my period again now and I feel like my uterus is going to fall, as always. My mom just called me and said that I should be getting other opinions before I get this hysterectomy. Well this dr is the 3rd doctor who has told me for years this was going to happen. Is that enough opinions?????
I have not gone into great detail to my mom what the other problems are. When my husband and I have sex, I can feel him hitting into my uterus and it hurts. Not to mention other problems. UGGGGGGGGG She is driving me nuts.
Well thanks for letting me vent.

hugs
Unread 04-09-2002, 11:51 AM
just had mine.. all is well

hi nan
i had mine the 8th.. it was TVH for fibroids as expected but also DID have adeno. not only did mine go sooo much better than i expected it went GreAT. i even came home last night. have taken motrin every 4 hours and i do feel it and need it and need percoset somewhat too but all in all i am in LESS pain now than i was and am SO releived, am sleeping alot and hated being in the hospital as each time i had to go to the bathroom i had to wait til they cleared out the measuring caps from my roommate and vica versa. was glad to come home . hard to remember not to attemtp to do things but forcing myself to let my friend staying with us to help me,
i am SO releived to be past this and not have all the anxiety and pain i did. GOOD luck!
jandrie

tvh april 8, 02 lots of fibroids, one larger than a golf ball, and adeno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 02:37 PM
My SLH is also this MONDAY!!

WOW! Monday must be the day that a lot of hospitals around the country schedule hysts, because I'm on for mine the 15th also.
My husband and I took care of a friend this weekend who is a cardiac patient recently out of surgery and after he left our house he phoned to say that he'd caught a cold. I was really upset about being exposed to a cold while he was with us, because if I have to delay my surgery I might not get-up enough nerve to go through with it later! Actually, I'd HAVE to get- up the nerve, but it's really hard on me to wait, and I started to get really angry and worried that I might have to. My husband exacerbated the situation by telling me that I've been obsessing about this surgery for weeks and it's driving him nuts, and this made me more angry etc. etc.
My husband does not understand how much worse I would be if I did not have this forum to read and write to. HE should be the one writing to thank all of you......but, since that is not likely.....I'm thanking all of you on his behalf.
Unread 04-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Cleosea......

Wow next Monday is going to be a busy day for alot of us sisters!
I can't tell you how much calmer I am after this 1/2 nerve pill has kicked in ! I couldn't bite off anyones head at this point !
What a relief !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't ever take nerve pills but this is I can say the most relieved I've felt in weeks !
that DH for us all and tell him we LOVE you and we'll be your rock when he's not able to !!!! just tell him not to get too jealous when you'd rather type than talk to him ......tee hee Just kidding !!!! Oh but tell him he's welcome !
Your sister a LIW on your same day !!!!
Deborah

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register