Another question | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Another question Another question

Unread 04-08-2002, 08:12 AM
Another question

Hi again! I know I just made a post, but I have so many questions and my doctor just can't answer them (he's a man). I'm really worried about my sex life with my husband afterwards. I've heard that when they remove the cervix, you can't reach a climax as easily, or not at all. Is this true? Also, I'm so terrified of the emotional rollercoaster stuff. My husband is in the military and is deploying 9 days after my surgery to a place that isn't exactly safe right now. I also have 2 small children at home. My sister-in-law is taking the kids home with her until I'm healed enough physically, but what about emotionally? What happens afterward? I'm already on anti-depressants for anxiety, so how much worse does it get? I'm not even sure if my ovaries will be taken or not. It all depends on if the endo has affected them and my MD won't know until he gets in there. Do I sound panicky right now? I'm just concerned is all. I don't have anyone around me who understands. All I get is, "you're so lucky!", and "you'll be okay, it only takes a couple weeks to heal" etc. I'm getting it done vaginally, which I guess takes less time to heal physically, but like I said, I'm more worried about the emotional aspect of things. Hope to hear from someone soon!

Thanks
Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 08:27 AM
Another question

Hi Jen! Im a military spouse also, tho mine won't be deployed anytime soon. I hope your dh's depolyment goes smoothly and he returns home to you and your children soon.

I can't tell you everything about vaginal hyster, as I haven't had mine done yet. What I can tell you is a lot of the stories I have read on here of women having vaginal hyster's, most don't have problems with "sex drive" after cervix removed. I wish I could tell you more about it. I am sure someone will be along soon who can

As for the emotional part; emotions will be running wild! It's a given with any type of major surgery, not to mention your dh's upcoming deployment. Your sis is law is great to be taking the kids for you till you are up and about better.

again, wish I could offer you more advice. Feel free to private message me if you want to chat. Also, hop into the chat room for some realtime hugs, help and laughs.

Unread 04-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Another question

I wish I could make you feel better but I think from my own experience it`s normal to be very scared and that is just the surgery. With every thing else on your plate right now I `d say you are doing great just holding it together.
I have not been given the go ahead for sex yet but from the many posts I`ve read sex isn`t any different. My hubby and I have done some fooling around and my orgasms are no different with out my cervix.
I also didn`t know till afterward that I would keep my ovaries - I understand the concerns- ? your doctor on HRT. Will you get it right away if He does take your ovaries? If he takes your ovaries you might have some hormone issues but you might not . It depens on the right mix for you. Check out the Hormone Jungle board.
I had no emotional issues - I was so relieved for it to be over and not as bad as I feared. Most of my emotional stuff peaked before surgery .
For me - It was nothing like I`d worked myself up for. I kept the ovaries, Pain was minimal , recovery was fine I am doing great.

God Bless you and keep you safe Paula

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register