NERVOUS !!! Surgery next Monday ! HELP!!!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NERVOUS !!! Surgery next Monday ! HELP!!!!!! NERVOUS !!! Surgery next Monday ! HELP!!!!!!

Unread 04-08-2002, 11:17 AM
NERVOUS !!! Surgery next Monday ! HELP!!!!!!

Hi Sisters !
Next monday is my surgery and I can't think straight ! I just called my Dr. and asked for something for my nerves which I don't ususally do.... I KNOW I need it I'm shaking like crazy and I still have a week to go..... <Sigh>
It didn't help that my son's school called to tell me if he does't bring up his Honors English grade he won't graduate he will be a measly 1/2 credit short! I'm his Mother and Father and have been since he was 4.... I'll tell you when it rains it pours !
I can't express to you all how greatful I am for your support. My mother is of no use to talk to.....she always changes the subject to herself..... we're not close at all.....I asked her if she would take me to the hospital....she said, I don't know if I can, we'll see !!! Well I know what that means.....the usual NO..... I should have known better than to ask her. She's never been there for me before. One surgery she did take me I had to pay her gas money and she just dropped me off at home to be alone !!!
I'm sorry I'm complaining so much today but I feel soooooooo alone here in the real world.
Then yesterday I asked my BF if he would take me to the hospital....yeah you guessed it.....he said, I'm not sure I may have to work overtime...???? Funny he can take days off and has a flexable schedule......
needless to say my exboyfriend would and will take me and is just a phone call away.....I just don't want to burden him.
My sisters live out of town and my best girlfriend is working......UGH.....
Sorry about rambling.....I WAS going to even have my son who is 18 take off one class to take me but he can't because of his grades !!!!! I feel sooooooo alone.............
I know I'll figure it out and it will prob. be my ex boyfriend that comes to my rescue....
I'm just so stressed I can't quit shaking right now....boy do I need those nerve pills I broke down and called my Dr. about !!!!!!!
I wish I could hide under a rock until next Monday but, I can't so I'll just lay it all out on here and then get busy cleaning to get my mind off of it. Everything always works out... I have faith and I pray things will get easier as this week creeps along.... Overlook my typos in this post....
I need LOTS of hugs sisters I feel weak......
I started a little bit Sat. then stopped it's been 20 days since my laproscopy and D&C.....oh goshhhhhhhhhhh I don't mean to but I HAVE to vent and let it all out....it's just a bad day I guess ......Oh the wait......YUK !!!!!!!!!!!
I appreciate each and every one of you and thanks in advance
for letting me vent !!!!
LIW......................and waiting.......Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 11:32 AM

hi

you poor thing.I hope it all sorts itself out.

I am 7 weeks post-op and really its not that bad,i know just before my op. i felt i had problems galore on my shoulders,all to sort out by 18th feb.But my op. day came and the world didnt fall apart.I have problems with my mum and she was no help at the time she should have been there,but i coped and so will you.

Thinking of you and hope before you know it the week will pass and youll be back home recovering.

take care
debsx
Unread 04-08-2002, 11:54 AM
Thank You Deb

This too shall pass.....I know I'm not alone....it's just a BAD day......
Thanks,
Deborah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 12:10 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW Hugs from me to you girl!!
My surgery is next tuesday and I am a bit nervous too. I wish i was there to help you in some way. Gosh, that is terrible no one but your ex will take you to the hospital. Men are so self centered sometimes, and mom's ......... well they can be a pain for sure. My mom just keeps saying she does not know why I am going through with this surgery. It can not be that bad, she says!!!!! lol of course she is not in my body so really she has no idea what she is talking about.
Just try to clean and do things around the house. email me if you want okay..............nan1044@adelphia.net. I will be there for you.
Take care

hugs
Unread 04-08-2002, 12:15 PM
waiting *****

Hello- I am having surgery april 25- and just started going nuts about it today too.

I'm really sad today - I just moved across country a few months ago- and have few friends here- my poor husband is getting all the work and all the tears- - and I miss my old, reliable friends. sounds like your mom is a royal pain- it is hard being vulnberable--especially whe you have had to be so self-reliant for so long, and there is nothing quite like pelvic pain/surgery to make one feel vulenrable-- the last thing you need is anyone who make it harder for you because they can't deal with it./its probably just as well that you know now and schedule someone else, you really won't need her to waffle on the morning of surgery. She sounds very self-absorbed.--

It really is an honor to help someone-- anyone who would actually be there for you--including an old boyfriend-- is actually pretty lucky to have the chance. You are not asking for a liver donation, just a bit of company and a ride, it's a reasonable request. - I am finding it hard to think about anything else but the surgery, the process.- Feel free to write/complain to me, its scary- needs lots and lots of processing.
your hystersister- Heather
Unread 04-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Surgery next Monday! HELP!!!!!!!!!

Dear Deb:
Sending you a huge Hope you are feeling better by the time you get this message. You're almost there!

Sandy (LAVH.repair May 13)
Unread 04-08-2002, 12:26 PM
Oh Thank you girls !!!

I feel like a big ol baby right now ! :bigcry
I haven't called my ex-BF yet to ask him for the favor.....trying to get up the nerve.....
Yeah atleast he's caring enough to be supportive and I'm greatful for his friendship !
As far as my mother is concerned self absorbed is putting it mildly !
I'll get it all figured out....and sitting here having total strangers send me such caring feelings and can understand my emotions is such a blessing !!!! sssssss to you all .
What would I be doing right this very moment without your alls support ???????????
God atleast directed me to find my sisters here and I'm sooooooooooo glad. Otherwise I think I would just curl up in my bed and hide from the world.
I love you all and Thank you from the bottom of my heart !!!
Deborah
PS My prayers are with each and every one of you!!!
Unread 04-08-2002, 02:05 PM
People Close to You

I feel bad for you as the people in your life who should be there for you ARE NOT ! If I were you, I would use this surgery as a wake up call to evaluate the relationships with those people and weed out those who are not supportive. But you can think about that later. For now, give yourself the love you need and we at this site can love you from afar. There is a sisterhood here like no other. When I say I care about you, I really mean it! Much love and hugs....have peace...it's not that bad. Just got out of the castle yesterday. There's a great life ahead of you. Think positive and be brave! Your sister...
Unread 04-08-2002, 10:42 PM
Whewwwwwww all sorted out.....

What a ROUGH day !
I talked to my best friend that just started a new job earlier in the day. She's going to take me to the hospital ! Finally it's all coming together! I also expressed my hurt feelings to the BF and told him not to get mad if my exBF ended up taking me and that was prior to talking to my friend Deborah that's going to take me.
I'm not going to make it a point to call him back and tell him any different! I'll just give him some time to think about it.
As far as the nerve pills welllllll they were called in TWICE and still the Pharmacy has no record of it.....that's their usual MO...I've been standing right there when the nurse called scripts in before and then go to pick it up and they say, "we didn't get any call" So girls don't trust that just because a script is called in doesn't mean they have the info....I learned the hard way.....But, I still didn't get it after calling the Dr's office 3 times and they called the pharmacy twice and I called the pharmacy 3 times !!! To no avail !
So here I sit up at 1:30am. I'm not as nervous as earlier but, I'm VERY aggrevated at this WELL known pharmacy ! So much so I logged a complaint on the net about their store. I guess I'll try again tomorrow............
I'm going to switch pharmacies and see if that helps.....it's not uncommon that they all do it......so call ahead wayyyyyy ahead for refills or scripts.
Oh what a day ! I did manage to cook and I made some brownies early (I bought 2 boxes) my DS loved them as he did his homework.
I went to bed at 9 and then just woke up wide awake !!! can't go back to sleep so I'm going to see if there's anyone that needs a kind word still on here....
Thanks sisters for your messages back to me today !!! It really helped !! Plus I have made a dear net friend Dawn off here we e-mail almost daily to check on each other and offer words of encouragement. She's post-op so I can ask her questions when need be...although it's been more of a support system.
I love you all ! I can't wait for this to be over !!!!
GREAT BIG SSS
Deborah
Unread 04-09-2002, 05:40 AM
pre-op nerves

Thanks for the warning about the pharmacy--
I am so glad you're freind is taking you to the hospital- sounds like the safest, warmest person to have with you during this time.
wonderful!
As for the guys- I suspect your boyfreind needs someone else to talk to about his fears around this.- sometiems I see the whites of my DH eyes- he's being wonderful- but I know he can't talk about his fears, his feeling overburdend, is nerves with me- ad an suggesting he finds someone else to talk to (don't know if hewill) -- some men handle it by just shutting down. - But you don't need to worry about it on your day.-- not your job.

My moods shifted about midnight too- choclate helped-- was just a bad day in the heart yesterday. keep talking! Heather

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register