Lower back pain | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lower back pain Lower back pain

Unread 04-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Lower back pain

Hi Ladies,
Have any of you had problems with low back pain? I have thought for a while that it was from my back being out of alignment, but the more I think about it, it may be related to the problems I have been having(fibriods, etc.) I am kinda hoping that I will quit waking up with a bad back. That would be a bonus of this surgery. Any of you that have experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 03:01 PM
a lot of back pain

Hi, I had a lot of lower back pain. Since my surgery my back has really hurt but the dr said it was because he had to shorten the ligaments to my back during the surgery. I dont know if they're attached to the uterus or what. But my surgery was on the 20th and the back pain is getting better now. I guess the ligaments just have to stretch back out. But before surgery it was because of my bad periods and all the other problems I was having. Goodluck, Mikki Jo
Unread 04-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Lower back pain

Hi... Back ache was a big problem! After surgery it was even worse. It finally quit sometime last week. 2 days after surgery the pathology report came back, I had also had adenomyosis along with a huge uterus and fibroids. I had never heard of adenomyosis so I looked it up on the internet and a lower back ache is a very common symptom. Don't know if that would be part of your problem but apparently it was part of mine. Good luck to you.

Darla
TAH/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Lower back pain

I had endometriosis on my bowel and that caused terrible lower back pain. It would hurt like a devil when I first stood up and when I first sat down. And when I walked, and when I stood still. I have a milder pain now, but it's getting better, and it's only when I move certain ways. I consider it a good trade.
Unread 04-08-2002, 09:41 PM
Thanks

I am so glad that I found this site, if it was not for you and your encouraging words, this whole thing would be so much harder to get through. I have learned a great deal in just a short time here. I only have just a week until surgery and I am feeling ok about it now.

Unread 04-08-2002, 11:09 PM
Lower back pain

I have lower back pain from being rear-ended a few years ago (in a car ). I've noticed that I have to be extremely careful now that I'm post-op because I'm so inactive. Short walks help, and so do gentle back-specific stretches. I practice yoga & have incorporated some of that into my recovery routine.

Just be careful to take good care of your low back after surgery -- on all those pain meds, you might not notice right away if you tweak it. Happened to me. But I'm doing better now.

I hope the surgery fixes all your back troubles!

Melissa
Unread 04-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Back pain is to be expected....I was told.....

My Dr's nurse when I asked her about pain she said, since the cervix is located towards your back and other organs ie; bowel and bladder you'll experience low back pain after surgery but it will go away as you recover....and the pressure us females experience because our physical makeup is totally different from men....(they have a solid pelvis area where we have an opening in the pelvis to be able to have babies) I learned something new!!! So in other words the pressure for everything settling into the pelvis during recovery and the rawness at first will result in lower back pain.....hope this helps...
Big S
Deborah
Unread 04-09-2002, 12:08 AM
Lower back pain

I had chronic, really BAD lower back and right hip pain for many years. I always thought it was the result of an accident I had over 20 years ago, when I had comminuted fractures of my left tibia and fibula. My left leg ended being shorter than my right and I was sure it had thrown my back out of alignment.

Well the pain got worse as my pre-surgery problems got worse. It was so bad sometimes that I would wake up several times a night, and I was always popping Advil first thing in the morning, and often throughout the day.

I was amazed about a week after surgery to wake up one day and find that my back pain was totally gone!! I had a huge fibroid and severe adenomyosis. All I can figure is that everything was pressing on my spine and causing the majority of that pain.

I am thrilled to say, it hasn't come back since.

I hope you experience relief too after your surgery. There was a thread here a couple of weeks ago on the same subject, and lots of ladies reported that their backs felt much better after their hysts.

s to you and good luck for a trouble free surgery and recovery.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register