How can they write this? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How can they write this? How can they write this?

Unread 04-09-2002, 04:05 PM
How can they write this?

Just wanted to add something: My doctor told me this last week when we discussed a hysterectomy...He said I had more of a chance of getting in a car accident on the way to my surgery than I had in having any serious complications during my surgery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 05:11 PM
How can they write this?

"Those" sites come up a lot on the boards -- I know the horror of finding one -- believe it or not my own insurance company - blue cross - has a link to one of them in their supposedly helpful information on hysterectomy. "Those" sites were the first few I found when I got home after finding out I needed a hyst and they scared the poop out of me. Then I found hystersisters and felt much better.

BUT, there is an interesting thread on this very subject and I really like how one of our sisters posted a reply explaining that very often there is a need for such a site and this sort of information. http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=53302 (read Adrite's response)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I went through such an ordeal finding a doctor to do my hyst that I really would have trusted the first lunatic with a scalpel that said yes. I completely ignored any risks and the need for hrt (I had a TAH/BSO). I lucked out, had an excellent surgeon and no major complications. We should realize that there are risks to a hyst (and any other surgery) and in our struggle to feel better we shouldn't jeapordize our overall health. Maybe we need to make sure that the surgeon we've chosen is the most qualified to perform the surgery, that the hospital has a good reputation, and that we've explored all the alternatives (I know I did - twelve years worth!!).

My life changed forever the day I had my hyst -- for the better. I had some minor complications (urinary tract infections, bumps in the road with HRT, acne, constipation, fatigue) but none of these things compared to the pain and quality of life issues I struggled with before. In fact - I just bought my very first pair of WHITE shorts for my trip to Florida next week -- with my luck I'll probably sit in a pile of mustard the first day I wear them at

I don't know if I'm helping here or also scaring the poop out of anyone (for which I apologize) but there are risks and I'd just hate for anybody to jump into surgery without being aware of them. And as much as I dislike "those" sites - they do raise issues we should definately discuss with the doctors performing our surgery.

Leslie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register