under 30 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-08-2002, 10:06 PM
under 30

I am 27 years old, I have 3 children, I had my tubes clipped 2 1/2 years ago. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and pcos 2 years ago, after suffering many years of pain. I am now at the stage of deciding what hysterectomy I want...being a total with ovaries removed, or left in there?
I just want to know if there is anyone else that has had a hysterectomy under 30? and how they coped?
Thankyou
Trina74
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 10:24 PM
under 30

Hi Trina...
You and I sound a lot alike!

Ok, I just turned *~30*~ last month, but in 2000, I was 28 with three children and facing a hyst after years in pain. Except, I got my husband to go for the big 'V'...lol
It took almost a year for the insurance to willingly approve the TAH I had. Due to my age, they wanted to make sure every possible option had been used first. My doc was great and went to bat for me whenever she needed too, and of course, Hystersisters was my saving grace.
What did your doc say about the ovary issue? Me, I got to keep them providing that at the time of surgery, there was no evidence of disease at which time they would go. I was lucky, I hear that surgical menopause is not always a picnic.
Coping with the surgery was mainly finding out all of the information I could for me. I read, read and then I read some more until I felt comfortable with what I was facing. Plus, the docs and nurses like to see us gals proactive in our healthcare, they tend to treat us different then if we would go in blindly.
The surgery was the very best thing I could have done for all of us. We were done having the babies, and I now have many, many pain free years to look foward to. I would be happy to answer any questions, or just be there to help you through this if I can. Please feel free to email me anytime. I'd write more, but I'm exausted and the words are all bluring together, but I will look for you. In the meantime, pop on over to the chat room. There are ladies there in real time and sometimes they can give you the boost you may need!
I look foward to hearing from you!

Ami
Unread 04-08-2002, 10:35 PM
Hi Trina

Sorry you are going through this at such a young age. Yes, there are many young women who have gone through this. (I am sorry I am not one of them.
Please check out the pull down menu's on the main page. There is so much information there to help you get through this.
Also the Hormone Jungle is of tremendous help in the information gathering for HRT replacement, links to forum's like this one for questions etc. Here is the link:
http://www.hormonejungle.com/
Please keep reading and posting there is alot to learn and alot of support here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2002, 10:55 PM
under 30

I'm 35, & 4 weeks post-op. I wanted to keep my ovaries just 'cuz I like things as natural as possible. My doc left them but would have removed them had there been problems. I don't have a family history of ovarian cancer so that felt right to me. PCOS might be a reason to take them out -- what does your doc think?

It's really a personal decision, and a difficult one. Good luck!

Melissa
Unread 04-09-2002, 08:41 AM
under 30

Hi, I'm 32 and had my hysterectomy on 7/3/02. I have no children. I have spent years in pain and could face the thought of going through anymore. Its the best decision I've ever made.

Good luck with your decision.
Unread 04-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Under 30

Hi Trina,
I am 27, going to be 28 in a couple of weeks. I am scheduled for a TAH possible BSO on April 30. I am blessed to have two children, but I am still nervous and upset about this surgery. I am lucky that my doctor has listened to my complaints and taken me seriously (What a find he was). I had a laproscopy, hysteroscopy and D&C last week. I have endo, fibroids and possible adenomyosis. I am hoping to keep my ovaries, but the endo was fusing my left ovary to a ligament when I had my scope, so it may have to go. This website has been very comforting to me and has helped my mom, who is lucky not to have had any problems, to understand what I'm going through. Good Luck!!
Unread 04-09-2002, 09:47 AM
under 30

I'm npt under 30 anymore but I have been suffering since I was 24. I have sever pcos, the nausea, pain and headaches are a nightmare. I listened to the doctors and tried every other method possible to make a difference. I have taken so many birth control pills, had quite a few cysts drained and spend every day wondering when I will feel normal. I finally found a doctor that will do the TAH/BSO now. I have decided to have my ovaries out due to my pain and severe symptoms. All I can say is that I wish I could have done this years ago. Now I am waiting...2 weeks and counting.

Good luck, the decision is yours but make sure you research as thoroughly as possible.
Unread 04-09-2002, 02:59 PM
under 30

I am 31 and having a LAVH/BSO a week from today!! I am very happy about this but still very nervous! I have been suffering since I was 26 and have one son, with no desire for any more...my husband had the V almost 8 years ago..so we have been done a long time! I have adenomyosis, no signs of endo in my last lap...but my doc wants to take the ovaries too! I was not prepared for this, but understand his reasoning! I had lupron shots for 6 months and got total relief of pain and bleeding, so he feels the only way to guarentee a pain free life is to take it all! This is such a hard decision for anyone to make, and you being so young I am sure makes it even more hard! I am happy with my decision and can't wait for my "new life"....
Unread 04-10-2002, 01:48 AM
under 30

I'm 31 and had a total abdominal hysterectomy(with removal of ovaries) on march 4th.

When I was being wheeled into the OR the nurse asked me what sort of surgery I was having.I said "a hysterectomy". She told me that she'd had one when she was *22*.She had been having lots of problems with fibroids which is why she had to have one.
Unread 04-10-2002, 03:22 AM
under 30

I am only 25 a I had a TVh on 03-06-02. I got the whole your to young thing from a lot of people. But apparently my Dr didn't think I was t young I am now 5 wks post op and am doing great no pain no prob, back at work and feeling better than i did in the 2 yrs before my surg. Good luck with your decision.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register