under 30 - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2002, 05:18 AM
under 30

I am wayyyyyyyyyy over 30 (44) but in my opinion if there is any way of possibly keeping your ovaries ...well let them stay.

I have been on both sides of that fence:

1st - I had my hyster and kept both ovaries and they kicked in 4 weeks post op and worked very well until.....
2nd - I had pelvic radiation for the cancer and that immediately 'killed' them making it necessary for me to go on HRT and believe me menopause is no laughing matter,especially at a young age as you really need the estrogen for bones.

I sure hope you make an easy decision ,read as much as possible and ask lots of questions . Be informed . sending lots of hugs your way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 06:16 AM
under 30

Thanks to all who responded
I am thinking more in the way to have everything out. the pain i go through each day from this pcos is unbearable at times.
i have just (touch wood )finished a period that i have had on and off for 40 out of the last 55 days!, I thought I was doing really good, until I did some housework then :explode: the pain has struck big time. It is mostly on my right side, which makes me confused somtimes, wondering if it is appendix, but on the other hand knowing it is just more cysts
I also have been getting hot flushes and dizzy spells
regulary in the last month (early menopause????)
I want to be normal, and feel good, may 13th cant come quick enough!!!!!!!

sssss to all
Trina
Unread 04-11-2002, 08:05 AM
Under 30

Good morning Trina74.

I am a 28 yr old mother of 2, who is scheduled to have a complete hyster. on the 26th of this month due to Severe endo, Ovarion Cysts , and Cervical Cancer. I am opting to have the surgery now because I have been suffering with the pain for 5 long years and bleeding that would go on for two and three weeks at a time during cycles, I am finally doing something about it. I have been on every known drug to man and have had the same thing, that they weren't working and that we were going to have to try something else. I am a little afraid of the post-surgery but I just keep telling myself that it will be for the better.

As for the decision to keep or remove the ovaries, I am not really sure because that option was not given to me.

I hope all goes well for you as well.

Lizzie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2002, 04:17 PM
I am 25

Hi,
I am 25 and I am having a TAH/RSO and possible BSO on 5/23. maybe we can give each other some support!
I know it can feel weird to be so young going thru this, but you can't really choose at what age you should develop health problems, ya know? I try to keep focused on how GOOD it is going to be after...good luck!
Unread 04-11-2002, 04:28 PM
under 30

Hi,
I am 19 and am having a tah/bso on May 2. The reason is due to severe endometriosis. I am having my ovaries removed because the endo is so thick on them, that they don't look like ovaries any more. Besides, according to a lot of things I've read about endo, if there is any endo on the ovaries and they are cleaned up, the endo usually grows back. I want everything removed. I don't want any chance of this disease returning. Good luck with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Candida

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register