Cushion questioo | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cushion questioo Cushion questioo

Unread 04-08-2002, 11:07 PM
Cushion questioo

I read on the site about a body cushion? For after surgery? I think it was one of the recommended things for comfort.
Can someone describe it or give a brand name please?
I saw some at the store but they are just like long pillows and I couldn't figure out how that would help. I guess I thought it should be something in a V shape for sitting up in bed?
Thanks everyone. Your support helps so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 12:37 AM
I think what your looking for is a Doughnut cushion

You can find those in a drugstore or a medical supply store...It's round and has a hole in the center so there's less pressure sitting...........hope this helps....s
Deborah
Unread 04-09-2002, 04:05 AM
Cushion questioo

The body pillow is what you saw, a long pillow. I just used a regular pillow. It helps for sleeping on your side, and after the incision isn't so tender for stomach sleeping. To lie on your side you tuck the pillow under you to support the stomach, abdomen, and kind of drape one leg over it. The longer ones you can hug.

There is also a bed-chair thing. Has a back and arms for support when you're sitting up in bed. Usually in the bedding & pillow section of a department store.

And can't forget the tummy pillow, a small pillow used to press against your tummy when you get up, sneeze, cough, etc. I didn't use one much, my hands worked just as well. Some sisters use a squishy cute stuffed animal.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register