Pre-op for April 15th | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op for April 15th Pre-op for April 15th

Unread 04-09-2002, 02:43 AM
Pre-op for April 15th

Hi, all!

I had my pre-op yesterday. I have to be at the castle at 5:30 AM next Monday. Surgery is set for 8:00.

I asked some questions that had been on my mind. Asked if he had seen any fibroids or if he thought I also had endo. He said he didn't see any on the hysteroscopy, but might have fibroid in the uterine wall. He wouldn't be able to see that or any endo from inside.

Now this is the part that makes me nervous! When I looked at my papers to sign he had added this phrase to my diagnosis - "bordering cancerous."

I don't know if he just added this to impress the insurance company or what. He keeps telling me that the chances are slim and they found no sign in the hysteroscopy, but he also says he's going to have someone there to biopsy the uter. If he sees anything, then they will take the lymph nodes.

Yesterday I thought I broke this web site!!!! Came in to post this message and it posted (without message) 4 TIMES!!! Then I couldn't get back in. Thought I was in BIG TROUBLE! lol

Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 05:45 AM
Oh....

that must have scared you to death......did you ask why he added it??? So sorry. I know that has been my biggest concern and the doc keeps telling me she has no reason to believe anything of the sort. sigh.......I would probably haved wigged out!!!

I will pray for you, and hope that all is good in the biopsy department next Monday

God Bless

Cindy
Unread 04-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Hi Debbie

No you didn't break the web site, darlin, we were having some technical difficulties.
I am so glad you made it back with your post. And that your post made it this time.
Try not too worry too much. I think a good doctor will err on the side of caution. Sometimes we can have cells that are dividing abnormally. It does not mean we have cancer. It could lead to it somewhere down the line or it may not.
Even with all the testing they can do pre-op it is good that the doctor is going to biopsy anything that looks like it needs it when he is in there.
Take care and keep reading and posting.
We're here for you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register