new here with unbearable pain, adenomyosis - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here with unbearable pain, adenomyosis new here with unbearable pain, adenomyosis

Unread 04-09-2002, 02:30 PM
new here with unbearable pain, adenomyosis

Congrats! Your surgery date is almost here! I too suffered for a year in extreme pain with my period every 3 weeks and at the end almost every other week. I had adeno which was only truly diagnosed with biopsy after my surgery. My pain was awful with clotting and huge blood loss. I used Advil every 6 hours which led to nosebleeds and barely worked. My wonderful doc put me on Aygestin for the last 2 months before my surgery, and it stopped my period. He also gave me vicoprofin, but I never used it. I don't read about very many women using Aygestin, but it was a lifesaver for me. My girlfriend is on it now until her surgery in June. Good luck and keep marking off the calendar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2002, 03:15 PM

lschieb, I will be 6 weeks post-op tomorrow and I can tell you that I feel like a new woman! s for you!!

I'm little, not even 5' tall and I was taking Motrin 1000 mg total AND 2 extra strength Tylenol 500's. My doctor couldn't believe I could live my life with all those drugs in me. That just took off the EDGE so I would stop cramping, crying and I could drive my kiddo to school.

I know what you are going through. It will be tons better after the surgery. I wake up every day thanking God for giving me such talented surgeons to make that pain stop. I lived with it for almost 2 years, the last 6 months were the worst.

When is your surgery date? I bet you are getting anxious!

Sara
Unread 04-10-2002, 06:13 PM

Dear Ischieb, i know exactly what you are going through , i mean exactly! I also have endo.. I was in pain for a long long time. I have always had painful periods, but after i had my 3rd child(with him i had my 1st c-section) i breast fed for a year and then when i stopped the period i got OH BOY! Then i got a tubal ligation a few months after his 1st birthday. My periods became pretty bad. Then about 6 years after the tubal i really couldn't take it anymore i just kept telling myself the pain was not normal. I went from doctor to doctor all telling me it was normal my body was just adjusting to all the changes it had been through,After 6 years!So anyway when i finally went to a female doctor with severe back pain to top it all off, she said "you know, everthing your telling me, all your symptoms sound like endometriosis".It was like a light went on someone actually had a name for my pain.My husband is military so it takes awhile to get anything accomplished. We moved and i had to get the whole process done over again,but i did have all my medical files so i began the ball rolling.I finally got in to see a really good gyn. at the army hospital,and they got me in for a lap.they were pretty shocked at what they found endo. all over, on my tubes ,ovaries, uterus,even on my liver. they said i was so bound up with scarring that it was pushing all my female organs up against my bladder. they also said that the endo. is the only thing holdind my uterus up! I will tell you i hurt all the time constant never letting up! I take percocet for the pain. It is the only thing that helps. I am allergic to nsaids(non anti- inflammatory drugs, naproxen, aleve motrin etc. i have no choice but to take narcotic pain relievers. If you hurt try the percocet it really does help, and if your doctor knows your in the pain your in he will write you the script. good luck, hope i helped. write back and let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2002, 08:18 PM

HI, I have really severe adenomyosis, (very enlarged & prolapsed uterus) I am on the computer right now because I cant even begin to get comfy in bed..anyways, my pain started out of nowhere in dec, I have been practically bed ridden at times, I have been on so many pain pills darvacet, vicaprofen, ibuprofen, and more that I cant even remember the names of, right now, I am taking bextra, for the inflammation, but its not helping today, I look about 8 months pregnant due to the swelling, the doc has tried everything, I used to be a tough cookie, rarely ever taking anything more than a tylenol, but now I am in constant pain and finding no relief, and the more stressed out and tense I am the worse the pain seems (have been freaking out over surgery 6 days away really badly today). anyways, i hope that you find pain relief better than i have, i just keep trying to remind myself, that next week i will feel better, ok, hopefully this is coherent, haha, really tired and cranky,
HUGS to all who are in pain!
Lynn
lavh/sling 4-16-02
Unread 04-10-2002, 08:30 PM

Hi there,

I can certainly identify with the pain you are going through. I have severe pain as well with endo and a uterus the size of a 4 month pregnancy. The swelling, bloating, hiccuping, burping, colon and bowel problems have been an unbearable addition to the severe female pain. Although I've lost weight my pants don't even fit anymore over my belly, it's amazing how much swelling there is in that area with the large mass over my uterus.

Currently I'm on darvocet for the pain. I'm trying NOT to take it as I have surgery (TAV-BSO as well as lots of endo clean up) on April 17th and I don't want to get to resistant to the pain meds... I'm afraid they won't work after surgery.

Hang in there, there just has to be light at the end of this tunnel!!!

Sue
Unread 04-11-2002, 01:30 AM

Sisters,
I had adenomyosis and didnt know it until after surgery. That explains all the pain, heavy periods, and more pain.... my uterus was large so I had to have mine done TAH. I had fibroids too, but they were not large.

That was five weeks ago and I'm doing really well. No more pain like I had before. I dont have that "falling" out sensation either.

I pray that you will find a way to cope with the pain until your surgeries and after too. There is pain following surgry, but for me it wasn't too bad. I took my pain meds right on schedule for two weeks and then tapered off, but my doc would have allowed more if needed.

I had the epidural type and then oral meds following. It worked well for me.

God Bless,
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:04 PM

Ask your doc for LORTAB.

I have struggled with adenomyosis for years and at times the pain was so bad I would be in my ob/gyn's office on my hands and knees crying and begging him to do something.

Her performed a pre-sacral neurectomy on me - in 2/99, cut the nerves between my uterus and spinal chord and I was pain free for two years.

They have now grown back, and I am set for a TAH 5/6/02.

The pain can be quick, and shocking, but with a good doctor you should be able to get some relief.

Good luck!
Sooz
TAH 5/6/02 adenomyosis

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register